Sharing Rehearsal Recordings

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Zombay Da Silva, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Zombay Da Silva

Zombay Da Silva Member

Hi.
    What do you think is the easiest way to share rehearsal recordings with the other members of the band?
    Some cloud service, email, messenger app, etc.?

Thanx.

3. C7

C7 Member

You could always use Google groups, I used them a lot back when I was in college for group meetings. You could also create a SoundCloud or YouTube account for the band and share the password with all the members.

There is always Skype as well if you want to do some sort of real time collaboration.

If one of the members is technically inclined you could always go all out and build your own website complete with a members only section where members can upload their recordings to the server and other members can view/comment on them.

4. peghead

peghead Platinum Record

5. Bill Vkerchi?

Bill Vkerchi? Kapellmeister

Google Drive. Just share access with the band members. Plus chances are you all already have an account.

6. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

Try Clyp - you get 100MB per file (about 2 hours of 128kbps MP3 or 40 minutes of 320kbps MP3), if you create an account to keep track of your rehearsals, you have a 6 hours total limit. But you can just upload without an account and be fine. Instaudio is 15MB, Clyp is over 6 times more than that. If you want to record your practice with your phone and straight up upload the whole 2 hour long thing, Clyp will be the way to go for you.

Disclaimer: I do not work for Clyp, however I'm in close affiliation with them as they pick the most active users to get constant feedback. Should you have any more questions, just ask

7. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

i do not work for google, but google drive offers 15 gigabytes of free storage, with no limits on file sizes. just sayin.

8. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

Does it offer comments on your files, audio-centric experience with waveform display and a record button right on the front page and in the mobile apps, and emphasis on getting feedback from the community though?