Share your setup

Discussion in 'Studio' started by Levitate, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

You've got some ambitious plans with new gear *yes*

I guess the things you mentioned are over 10,000$ alltogether... :wow:

If you like Adam, I would go with the A7X instead, and maybe add a sub later.
    The A8X sound great on first listen, but they really have a hole in the mids.

2. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

EVE SC208 are better than ADAM A8X exactly on that mids matter and you won't gonna need a sub with it.
    Check them out in any store you may find them available. You'll get convienced. :mates:

3. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

The EVE monitors have a very much hyped high-end, even more than the Adams.
    Might sound impressive on first listen, but I wouldn't want to work with them for hours and hours.

But hearing is a very personal thing, that's why it is so important to test monitors (or headphones) before buying.

4. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Yea', it's better to check them out personally in the store.
    Also, about EVE's hype in the high-end, no one ever complained about that since EVE launched a few years ago, while ADAM A7X for example gained a few negative reviews where
    people don't like the highs on them, even calling them harsh (in case you checked Gearslutz).
    Also everyone who owns EVE praised their translation accuracy which means that the hyped highs you think you heard doesn't affect their performance. Also most of the peeps
    who works on them said they haven't faced ear fatigue not even after long mixing sessions. Others said they were a bit scared with EVEs because they sounded kinda too sweet like a "mastered" version of Adams.
    quote GS:
    So after all, who don't want to enjoy making music and also accuratelly mix/master their songs at the same time?

This is a review between Adam A77X (which is better than A8X) vs EVE SC208 (which is better than A8X as well):

5. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Yes, but if you take in consideration the fact that EVESC208 have a lower price than A77X, they still keep up great in the comparision. It's like A77X better than SC208 and SC208 better than A8X.

A better comparision would've been EVE SC307(which is 3way such as a77x) vs ADAM A77X where EVE ones are better but they're also more expensive so its superiority is justified.

6. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

That's the 407 model, but why would you go that higher unless you'll build up a big recording studio, and by big i mean really big one which would require 4-ways/midfields like 407.
    SC307 should be more than enough even for a decent mastering studio. Look at Audio Animals, a famous mastering studio from UK, even if they have tons of expensive outboard
    gear/hardware compressors/desks/etc., when it comes about monitoring they've got used to their mid-end quality Adam A7X so if they could decently run their business on those speakers, then why you wouldn't with a even better monitoring solution such as EveSC307 which outperform Adam A7X. Buying either EVE SC307, Adam A77X or Eve SC208, these buys are like "buy and forget" because any of them will do the job nicely, all you have to do is to pick the one which you like more.

Regarding Genelecs, beware! :excl: Unless you pay for the expensive models, their entry-level/mid-end speakers are not so good. I had a listen on the 8040 model and it wasn't that impressive, it sounded kinda sterile but not in a good way even against Adam A7X which is almost half the price of Genelec 8040. Also a lot of people (Check here) complain about Genelec's entry-level/mid-end models's translation. Don't get fooled by the fact that a lot of pros using Genelecs in their high-end studios. Genelecs's high-end monitors are great, but when you go on budget, Adam, Eve, Focal (if you can go up for the SM6 or SM9 which are probably out of your budget range) or even KRK VXT8 are a better choice.

Good luck!

7. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

Am I no one? :wow: :sad:

:rofl:

Seriously, I know a lot of people who find the highs of the EVEs just as hyped as I do.
    But it doesn't matter, and you don't have to prove to me anything here *no*

All that matters is that one is personally happy and satisfied with their monitors.

8. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

I meant about my personal experience(sorry if it sounded like i meant you're no one), i haven't found any negative reviews about EVE since they got released in the store. If you find any, just feel free and leave them here. If you want negative reviews about A7X there's a lot of pages i can choose from to show you. I even worked for around 1 year on them on a studio where i've worked in partnership, i've got used to them, i learned their sound and i don't mean they're bad. They're actually awesome and great, but 5-6 months later after i left that studio i've checked EVE in the store and i liked them more. Our ear's taste differ from a guy to another.
    You're free to express your personal opinion regardless if it's negative or positive. :mates:
    Matt can let us now how much "hyped" EVE sounds once he get to listen/compare them in the store. :bow:

9. Gulliver

Gulliver Member

Just make sure to listen to them by yourself before buying, and compare them directly to other monitors - that's all I'm saying.
    (with music you know very well)

If you switch from the EVE to other monitors, chances are that the opthers will sound dull to you.
    The ears get used to highs very fast (that's why the use of exciters can be overdone very easily).
    Just consider, that maybe not the other monitors sound dull, but the one you listened to before could be too bright.

Watched the video: man, forget nearfield monitors, get such badass monster speakers like that guy has, hahaha. What towers.

10. readytowok

readytowok Noisemaker

My setupCHEERSZ

Attached Files:

11. WolwerineBlues

WolwerineBlues Platinum Record

This is my little humble home studio, nothing special :chilling:
    Laptop+pc,M-audio fast track pro,Monitors Behringer Truth 1031A,Behringer umx61 midi keyboard.
    [​IMG]

12. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

keep on truckin' man... we're prolly 80-90% pathetic here anyway :wink:

13. remix

remix Platinum Record

I hate these threads...

boys and their toys masturbating over lights and buttons...

detailing what spec your computer is, is probably the gayest thing in the world!

like the world needs to know what motherboard you've got???

• Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

So.. leave :trolls:

Perhaps a lil jealous.. lol.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. Slider

Slider Producer

A list doesn't do much for the eye....PICS Please! :cool:

16. Slider

Slider Producer

I actually like seeing the specs on other computers, I'm at a point of either modding up current or building new & helps to see what others are running.

17. i1studios

i1studios Member

I've upgraded even more since then and am rebuilding my actual room.

18. i1studios

i1studios Member

I'm offended, I'm a chick... :)

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. The-RoBoT

The-RoBoT Rock Star

Might update soon if the next Windows needs it.

[​IMG]

:woot:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  20. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

That's my setup:

[​IMG]

OK, am just joking.
    Thats mine:
    [​IMG]

Not the best monitoring hardware to produce music but doesn't matter for me.
    I'm mainly creating music on my PC and I master it using one or two of my headphones
    with my M-Audio Delta 1010LT. I'm not a professional producer and I'm also not that
    fency monitor mastering guy since I'm creating music just because I want and not because
    someone said to me "I want you to...".

greetings, r4e