ShaperBox 3 out now!

Discussion in 'Software News' started by thantrax, Oct 24, 2022.

1. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

[​IMG]

ShaperBox 3

The ultimate plugin for modern mixes and infinite inspiration – now with Audio Triggering, LiquidShaper, New Browser + more.

Just WOW! :woot:

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. BagelShaggerz

BagelShaggerz Platinum Record

ShaperBox is good stuffs. Worth the price.

4. Backtired

Backtired Audiosexual

this is one amazing tool for noobs and pros alike, i think.
    thanks for sharing the news

5. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

Super useful/creative plugin!

Fair upgrade price (for the features added) - 29$/29€.. will probably get it tomorrow.

Only complaint - the VolumeShaper should still come as a separate plugin with the bundle; but they are probably trying to sell Nicky's Kickstart in addition..

6. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

So I own 2... I can upgrade for $43CAD right now, which is not too bad, but I also didn't use Shaperbox 2 as much as I thought I would.

I guess I should explore what the changes from 2 to 3 are, but I'll ask though, do people think it's worth the upgrade?

Edit: I don't know if I'll use it much still, but I like having tools like this in my toolbox, and I think they made some interesting changes.. mainly the sidechaining, and (midi/audio) triggering options. I'm not entirely sold on an upgrade yet though. I hope this sale is on for quite a while though, cause I'd like to see what BF deals drop on other plugins.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
  7. thebeatsareill

thebeatsareill Kapellmeister

Hey I paid for the upgrade, 29 USD and I can say that I like the previous GUI and browsing much better. The new adds (liquid shaper) are not anything that I wouldn't assume you already have. Also if you have infiltrator 2 these are almost the same.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
  8. RobertoCavally

RobertoCavally Rock Star

I think most of us need a (volume) shaper of some kind. Shaperbox is one of the options and sure it can do some crazy stuff on your sources with the other modules. At some point I opted for Cableguys' solution and I don't want to waste time to try other ones, so I upgraded immediately.

While the GUI/browser/etc and even the addition of the new flanger/phaser module can be subjectively not worth the upgrade, for me one thing is worth it: the audio sidechain input and how it is implemented (filtering and routing of the signal). Shaperbox 2 is really lacking this feature imo. Here is Nate explaining it and what other possibilities it offers:

For me it was a no-brainer. If I've had other tools of the kind and had to pay the full price now, idk. At the end, only you can decide whether you need any of this.. :)

9. BuntyMcCunty

BuntyMcCunty Rock Star

I didn't see it appear on sister site, but a TeamCubeadooby release showed up on the Russian site a couple of days ago. Works fine for me.

10. thebeatsareill

thebeatsareill Kapellmeister

I did see a video about this and I haven't explored it yet. I didn't mention that in my reply, but yeah that is a great addition. I will say that I don't see myself loading this VST just for sidechaining, unless I am missing something. I'll dig into the video you shared. THANKS!

11. Madagasca

Madagasca Member

I'm in the market for Shaperbox 2 - if you're interested in selling the license, I'd consider the sale.