SessionRecall (Analog Gear preset saver-editor)

Discussion in 'Software' started by PartyShit, Aug 19, 2023.

1. PartyShit

PartyShit Producer

Hi all

I just found out about SessionRecall which has blown my mind
    Those who own analog gear, synth modules etc so hardware which are unable to save banks-presets
    This software is a must have

I own a behringer MODEL D so I'm not able to save presets so everytime I dial in a cool sound I have to take a picture of the dials state :no: so I can re-dial if I need the sound later...

This method is gone...because with SessionRecall you can now load any of the available analog gear into the software and you'll get a 1:1 representation of your gear
    This is how the MODEL D's default state looks:
    [​IMG]
    You can dial in the knobs, switches, connect patch cables....and you can save your presets
    Right now just only one bank is available for the MODEL D so as you can see it looks like a VSTi
    from the drop down menu you can save or load in your own presets
    Drop down menu:
    [​IMG]

It's just wow I really really like it
    When you add any gear to the interface you can use it for 15 days free

https://www.session-recall.com/

3. Myfanwy

Myfanwy Producer

I don't get the point. Making a photo of my outboard gear is done in a second. Dialing in the exact same settings on screen takes ages and is not as exact and you have twice the errors because one time you have to manually copy the settings to the on screen dials and one time you have to copy them back to the hardware.

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

it's a worse idea than using digital images, because any work you put into this program is locked up inside this program. So when you decide you do not want to pay for it any longer, or the company invariably goes bust; you are screwed. i don't even like traditional midi librarian software for similar reason.

if you do not want to use actual digital images, because they can be a nuisance too; you can get downloadable patch sheets for a lot of analog synths. you draw on the template image and then store them as a pdf file.