Services that integrate with OS?

Discussion in 'Collaborations' started by kooper, Mar 3, 2022.

1. kooper

kooper Platinum Record

I have read that drop box does this, and I have it working with google drive desktop. I am sure there are others that do this too so I am asking so you can say if you know. So if you don't know what I am talking about , here it is. If you get the google drive desktop app and install it you get anoter drive letter added to your explorer (on windows) and I have this working on mac too. Doesn't add a letter but it does act local on mac. So you are basically using the remote cloud like a local drive. You can open and run things in windows from google drive, and since these folders on google drive can be shared it opens a new world for collaboration. If you use the same daw two people can access and share directly project folders. I have seen the apps write directly to google drive. So this is not unique to any one app but it is very cool. Can even get shared folders to show up like local drive.

So what other services offer OS integration?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Odious Blot

Odious Blot Member

I use a program called WebDrive that integrates many services such as Google, Amazon, FTP, Box, DropBox, OneDrive. You can find it here. The nice thing about using a single program for various services is that you don't have the "backend" (many of which are not resource friendly) for each service running on your system, you have just the one backend maintaining the connections. It's much better on resources (especially for a machine you do audio on).