Serum v1.363: Is this a bug? I cannot load any presets after changing a parameter. [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Software' started by Katakura, Sep 17, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Katakura

Katakura Member

My Serum v1.363 that was released by TCD has a serious annoying issue.
    Changing any parameters make it impossible to load presets.

This happens on Studio One and Reaper.

I uninstalled and reinstalled it some times.
    I searched other team's version on the internet, but I could only find TCD version.

So I cannot confirm what the issue is caused by.

Any solutions?

Thank you.

System:
    OS - Windows 10 64bit Home
    CPU - 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-12600 3.30 GHz

3. towerdefense

towerdefense Guest

There's like 4 or more revisions of the TCD Serum release. Are you sure you're using the latest one?

4. clone

clone Audiosexual

there are a few other things like this one reported too. But it is not an issue with legit Serum. 1.363 has been out for about 7 months. Something like this would never go unfixed for very long at all. It is not an obscure bug and almost any user would notice this happen.

5. Katakura

Katakura Member

I am not sure and didn't know that there are revs.
    The files that I could found were at Russian sites or torrent sites and not mentioned about that.
    I have to wait next update and release of it then grab it faster than light.

I agree you.

Thank you guys.

6. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

I have a lot of problems with the latest revision of Serum by TCD too. The issue I experience is a little different though, but very frustrating, also. When I change parameters, there's a good chance that the sound will just completely die and be muted (BY Serum). I did find a workaround for this though.. if I went in the Serum menu and toggled MPE on or off, sound would kick back in. I think there's a few other similar hokey fixes to get it back working.

Anyways, I wonder if you'd have the same luck.. try toggling MPE from within the Serum menu and see if it then allows you to change presets..?

I'm hopeful that another release will come out soon, and perhaps by another group (no offense meant to TCD, I just haven't had good luck with their Serum releases).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. clone

clone Audiosexual

or Any Team really. It's worth remembering how long Serum went without them having success. Things failing like this can be built-in by programmers. I'm not sure if this actually counts as a "time-bomb" technically, but it can be that type of anti-tampering kind of thing. Many times these "Action based" check failures will even lock the program again.

8. naitguy

naitguy Audiosexual

Yah, and for sure Duda is quite good at protecting his work.. so I shouldn't make it sound like TCD isn't doing as good of work here as anyone else. I actually can't remember what version of this was last good for me and who cracked it at that time. It might have been v1.357, and the one copy I still have (archived) for that is also TCD.

9. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

I had some similar issues with v1.363. The only fix I found after combing thru many forum discussions was that the 1.35B1 release works better. I have tested 1.35_B1 and found the issues I was having previously with v1.363 were improved. I have since removed 1.363 from my system and currently run the previous version. That was my "fix".
    the version spec'd above is this one;
    Xfer.Records.Serum.incl.SerumFX.1.35b1.x86.x64.Unlocked-r4e

Last edited: Sep 17, 2023
  10. Katakura

Katakura Member

Best Answer
    Thank you guys.
    I found "1.36b3 RePack by TCD" and finally solved the issue!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Did it mention which TCD repack it was? Apparently there were like 4 separate ones...

12. Anakin PH

Anakin PH Noisemaker

Same to me. Besides other bugs...

13. Katakura

Katakura Member

No it didn't.
    An uploader just saying "RePack".
    But the first screen of the installer, I can find a text "TCD release date: February 20, 2023".

14. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Did it solve the issue of audio intermittently stopping if params are changed? Toggling MPE or reloading the preset temporarily fixed this bug previously. Would be interesting to know if this one has that issue.

15. I don't want to talk anyone into the unknown, but definitely don't download this, it still has LFO bugs and stops the sound when changing presets and the whole DAW also hangs and crashes. I had just installed it and had to go back to one old version

16. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

This little piece of info would be great to know. :mates:

17. In my opinion, it's r4e's 1.351 version that's the only one that works. I just don't know which one, whether it's a slightly older or newer version of r4e. It's definitely 1.351

18. Katakura

Katakura Member

Here is a video of quick test of 1.363 repack what I found.
    From the video, you will notice that the plugin freezes a few times when I press the next preset button.
    This only freezes itself and does not affect the whole DAW or make other sounds inaudible.
    However, this can be fixed by loading other preset once.
    So far I haven't found any serious problems.
    https://emalm.com/?v=jBzpc

Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
  19. Sacculus

Sacculus Kapellmeister

Theses kind of bugs was already existing 2 or even 3 years ago and nothing really fix them all so, for me, I will buy it on Splice even if it's a fu**ing budget, I need this VST so don't have other options than buying by rent every month!

I can't understand how this is technically possible not to be able to fix this Serum even after years?...!
    If someone with a tech background can explain that, thank you!

20. verwest

verwest Member

I have a problem with two cracked versions of tcd (1.363,1.357). I think it's not cracked well. If the problem was with xfer, it would have released the bug-fixing version soon.
    Modulations didn't work for me, it crashed and froze...
    Version 1.357 Audiowarez is working fine for me now

Can you tell me the name of the preset pack in the video in 10 seconds? (BHS_Bass 02)

21. BlackHaze1986

BlackHaze1986 Rock Star

To clear things up there are 4 Revisions of Version 1.357 but no Revision for 1.363. And Repack just means somebody repacked the Files and has nothing to do with a Revision where changes to the older Version were made.