SERUM Presets

Discussion in 'Presets, Patches' started by Introninja, Mar 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

3. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

a selection of Serum presets, sample mp3 of few presets below 15 in all from bass to percussive to pads and saw
    used Serum x 64 build 1.074

https://mega.nz/#!FIAFGRKZ!UIX2sy2cPoW8BLtbXMkCKTiSHtR1Tz7OzUKyHiMQ8FU
    preset names
    bassharmonik- chantra lead- deepbass- nastiseq- padzawa- sqbassvox- talkingsaw- voxpad- catandmousee- dawnpad- dreampad- orient-sawpad- sweepingplainspad- voxatmos

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  4. mono

mono Audiosexual

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows why some serum presets can be as big as 7mb in size
    and is there any way to resave them that will make them smaller without loseing settings ?
    Some presets can be as small as 2kb while others are as big as the plugin lol
    I've already tryed to resave some of the presets two different ways using fl studio but there still the same size.

5. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

Is some presets like serum, the wavetables are included which are actually .wav files so, that may be the reason why the size are so big. That being said, the actual preset file is pretty small.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. mono

mono Audiosexual

@Medrewb thanks but it's the fxp presets im trying to make smaller, the default presets are very small
    but im not sure if in the last update serum now also saves the wav files into the fxp or whats going on to make them so big ?

7. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

Yes, I think Steve mentioned that the wavetables are saved in the fxp without needing to load the .wav wavetable samples. That might be the reason for the huge fxp files. As far as saving as fxp only without the wavetables, I really have no experience.. As I never moved my presets.. They just stay there and I never worry about it.

You could try experimenting with the wavetables that comes with serum and see if the fxp file is small or not.

Then use a custom wavetable and save it to see if the fxp file is large.

8. davea

davea Platinum Record

Hi man, thanx for your share, but unfortunately, your link is down … Cheers

9. mono

mono Audiosexual

@Medrewb you where right i changed the wav-table and the preset went from 4mb to 60 kb
    still can't find a way to stop it doing this but at least i know whats going on now thanks for the tip.