Serum GUi Update On the way

Discussion in 'Software News' started by spacetime, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Johnny Blaze

Johnny Blaze Member

I think it's a really good wavetable synth. Easy to use. But since Steve Duda created it and he's a good friend with Joel, suddenly all the 14 year old kids out there are using it, which leads to 10109810918 "how to make this sound in serum" videos and everywhere you turn, there's Serum.

I don't really use it but I would say it's overhyped instead of overrated.

2. Hennessey

Hennessey Platinum Record

I just asked the same question months ago in some thread about serum....Hm I dont believe that is coincidence,so if someone have more info that would be a intresting thing to know..
    REFX XFER both of them are succes in their busines, maybe there is some hidden symbolic about that name...btw I believe that exists some chinese word "game" mantra or else that gives to a company succes if they use some particular name,I forgot how exact that method name...but still... :)

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Hennessey

Hennessey Platinum Record

On first use of serum I simple hated it...Why? Because there was some preinstaled patches from Cymatics for dubstep which were the very first thing I tried...When I tried it there was some presets with some strange noises with short reverb tail which makes me ears to bleed and i ask meself why the heck people love that synth?! And one day ,since I am not good in basic synth programing, I saw I think ESW presets and instaled them...I was amazed,sound quality,deepth in pads,and all other patches then I DL all other similar banks like 7skies and makes meself more interested in that synth to begin some basic learning curve...Well I can tell now Serum is one hell of the synth allong with avenger,spire,sylenth, easy to use,sound quality is top notch and now no projects can be without serum atleast in one chanel.my point is ,it is very easy to go in depth to learn serum just if you are intrested it is not overated in any case ,just use it in right way then is very powerful. One thing I hate about it is pain in the axx to instal presets it would be nice to make some system as avenger ,spire sylenth with one FXB file to instal all necceseties...Sorry for long post idk english enough good to get to the point in shorter way... CHEERS :)

4. Doctor_Me

Doctor_Me Platinum Record

Since I learned sound design presets myself in Serum I just uninstalled sylenth and spire, Serum Is way more complete and intuitive... Serum is Love, Serum Is Life! <3

BTW do you guys have any clue of that new vst from Duda?

5. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

You know that Serum is already scaleable in the recent version ?

6. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

another coincidence:
    Steve Duda coded Lucifer (xFER) for Devine Machine :)
    src: https://www.image-line.com/documents/powerusers.php?entry_id=1287670488