Serious Cracked Kontakt Issues

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by drx321d, Jun 29, 2020.

1. drx321d

drx321d Newbie

Hey all,

So I'm a user of about 80% legally purchased Kontakt libraries, and 20% downloaded ones that I got from before I was able to purchase sample libraries financially. For that reason, I'm stuck using the cracked version of Kontakt.

My cracked Kontakt was working great on my old Mac, but I recently upgraded to a new computer, and even though I installed literally the same Kontakt, I can't get the libraries to get added on my new computer! Everytime I open Kontakt 5.6 and hit "Add Library", the library appears in the list, but when I close the app and re-open or open the v6 plugin, the library is no longer there. In the end, I managed to get it to work at least for now by copying all the XML files from my old computer's /Library/Application Support/Native Instruments/Service Center folder to my new one.

This issue is not related to the SNPID issue a lot of users are having because in my case, no XML file is even created in the first place.

I'm now trying to install a new library (that I purchased legally, Audiobro LA Sordino Strings). The install worked fine on my old computer except no XML file was added to the service center folder. It must be keeping track of the library install in some other way. I tried creating my own custom made XML file on the new computer and putting that in the Application Support/NI/Service Center folder, but still no luck. The property file was successfully created and is identical on both machines

Any advice as to why the same cracked Kontakt wouldn't work with the new computer? They're both running the latest version of Mac, Catalina, though one difference may be that the old machine wasn't running Catalina when Kontakt was installed originally.

3. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Ah! And when you add in 5, does a .tmp file appear on your desktop?
    If so change to .xml and there is your .xml with correct SNPID#. Put in Service Centre folder.
    Otherwise, yes, copying over your files from Service Centre should do it for the old libs.
    I saw this happen from Mojave+, so yes, the fact you are on Catalina now is to do with it.