Serato Sample 1.4

Discussion in 'Software' started by rage, Nov 4, 2022.

1. rage

rage Kapellmeister

So, I had Serato Sample 1.2 v.r..., everything was fine, then decided, "hey I haven't updated this in a while"... checked the sister site, saw 1.4, and a couple new features that were nice, so I uninstalled 1.2, installed 1.4, and now get a giant OpenGL 2.0 error, and a DAW crash. I can't imagine a massive overhaul in how it handles graphics, and any other plugin I have ever had an OpenGL issue with, it doesn't show an error, it just loads a blank GUI. And Reaper has never had an issue with OpenGL on any other plugin ever.

1.2 from v.r is gone from the sister site (would love some help on that if anyones listening) and Im not entirely sure what the hell to do to get 1.4 working.

Ill upload a screenshot. 1.png

3. BagelShaggerz

BagelShaggerz Platinum Record

I'm not sure about the GL issue since I've never faced it before, sorry. My only simpleton advice would be to see if you updated your version of GL but you probably already have.

However, I do have that 1.2 version of Sereto Sample. If you need it then PM me and I'll toss you a WE Transfer link soon as I read it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. rage

rage Kapellmeister

Yeah, I have OpenGL 3.1... Its an old machine, but I don't see why OpenGL 2.0 would be an issue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. clone

clone Audiosexual

if you google your actual error, you end up with typical results trying to infect machines with system repair junk, and a few Microsoft pages like this one: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10/45fe53f3-0b2b-43c5-88a1-9c8cc4591102

they always have many "I also have this question" count, and the threads locked. So either the first instructions work, or they do not want to help you because they know! ;)

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  6. rage

rage Kapellmeister

Yeah, it is a fruitless endeavor. I tried the 1.4 download directly from Serato's page, and its the same thing. 1.2 doesn't have an issue. It's the only plugin from what seems like thousands I've tried over the years that does that. A mystery beyond me.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  7. clone

clone Audiosexual

On Mac, when we do not "code sign" programs correctly, or they are not authorizing correctly for any other silly reason; you can get BS errors that are a search loop that you cannot fix because the error is meaningless. See what the official demo does. It should crash the same way.

I think you can screw this up, but you'd have to look on upawg to figure this out. v1.2 by same releaser was nuked for bad lic.... so the new one is probably looking for your old install. blacklisted info, whatever it finds. you should remove the old one and clean up with Revo or whatever you have. then reinstall whatever version again.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. rage

rage Kapellmeister

Yeah, the 1.4 demo crashes the same way. Installed the 1.2 demo, and it loads right up. Something they did in between 1.2 and 1.4 for some reason doesn't agree with my computer. And I have no idea what it is. The goofiest part, is the newest Serato Studio works just fine. So I have no clue.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. clone

clone Audiosexual

I do. they think they are funny. read what I edited in above while you were typing. they added some piece of information left on your computer registry or whatever to the new program. it finds that piece of whatever, and gives you bullshit message to go chase your tail with. it's why I told you the Microsoft tech net page threads are all locked as solved. just a simpleton stupid Mac user guessing they are familiar with someone's handiwork. it's not like im suggesting you format :bow:

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. rage

rage Kapellmeister

You could be onto something with that actually. When I load the 1.2 demo, it loads right up, but it has a login screen (obviously) but there is a small error code under it, that says 'error 4' and according to the serato site, error 4 sometimes means essentially a corrupted license.

11. rage

rage Kapellmeister

No such luck.

12. clone

clone Audiosexual

the bad luck is really that when there is a problem and something is "un-published", all the reported problems get deleted/removed. but maybe here is some. v 1.4 changelog shows "Sample will no longer install on MacOS 10.11 and below". If they changed Mac, did they also change the windows version requirement check? This would be luck of the bad variety if applicable. Back to technet page answer or outdated version. What about 1.3?
    Serato Sample & Microsoft Windows 7 / 8.1 end of support information

• List