Selling our music (Art) through NFT markets

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by curtified, Feb 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

I agree. I was rather shocked by the first message. It's disappeared now! :)
    I just think if violence becomes a non-physical thing, then we are all screwed!
    That was my reasoning for pointing that out.

2. droplet

droplet Rock Star

you are 100% right there!

even "pandemic" has been used wrong. they've changed our language against us!!

3. D____R

D____R Kapellmeister

Check this twitter thread out and then just erase the whole nft "thing" from your think-boxes forever.

4. curtified

curtified Rock Star

I've been on This forum since 2015. It blows my mind how much hate, negativity, insecurity, and projection go on here. I need to fall back from AS. I'm going to come back and post my vape NFT drop in a few weeks. It has been hinderinging my creativity and fucks up my vibe when I scroll through a lot of the threads on here.

I wish you all well and send you all love.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. curtified

curtified Rock Star

Bro what are you talking about? Know more than me? Have they also played Coachella 4 times?

Im 39 years old. Ive been doing my flosstradamus project since 2005. Ive played every major country multiple times over my career.

Im always trying to push culture forward and help people out.

6. droplet

droplet Rock Star

Man Cashes in on NFT Craze by Selling His Farts
    The New York Post reports that a Brooklyn-based film director named Alex Ramírez-Mallis is both mocking and attempting to profit from the recent cryptocurrency craze for non-fungible tokens (NFTs) by selling a year’s worth of fart audio clips recorded in quarantine.

Ramírez-Mallis told the Post: “If people are selling digital art and GIFs, why not sell farts?” His NFT, titled “One Calendar Year of Recorded Farts,” began development in March 2020 when he and his four friends began sharing recordings of their farts to a group chat on WhatsApp.
    :rofl:

7. droplet

droplet Rock Star

I still think a mobile phone app can be of great benefit.
    It can hold your whole label.

8. triggerflipper

triggerflipper Audiosexual

Sounds like you take your own advice seriously lol.

9. curtified

curtified Rock Star

I don't know what any of this is other than insecurity. Please share your artist name and credentials. @HeresJohnny

I was one of the pioneers of an entire genre of music. I've had a career for 15+ years. I have songs with Post Malone and other large artists.

10. D____R

D____R Kapellmeister

Who let the 14 year old homophobic edgelord in?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. curtified

curtified Rock Star

I prefer to lemon tek my psilocybin.

12. droplet

droplet Rock Star

@HeresJohnny

live and let live. work and let work. It's not worth hating for entertainment choices. big who cares.

13. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Buy alienating yourself and your act from anyone older than yourself?
    I'm nearly 48 and I actually play an instrument rather well too, so I've gigged all the major venues and most festivals of the UK, most of Europe, Tokyo, and some of the US.
    Yet with me, strangely, it made me more accepting of others. Not less.
    And I think you must have misunderstood my comment, judging by your response: Yes, I was saying that people who are older will always have more experience and therefore potentially know something another doesn't.
    As can any adult human being too.
    Yet statistically it is more likely that we have seen many new fads during our lives, and may have seen a pattern.
    It's only natural to try and protect our younger brothers and sisters.
    Don't take it personally.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. curtified

curtified Rock Star

The whole idea of NFT, social tokens, and blockchain is another way to help our younger brothers and sisters be supported in their art. The whole reason I started this thread.

I wanted to open up the dialog to how we can work together to explore this new frontier in art. Im pretty deep in the NFT scene. I came over to AudioSex to see who else is doing so.

I get discouraged when people have such a closed mind on this forum when it comes to any sort of progression.

15. Dildo Baggins

Dildo Baggins Kapellmeister

He's no Larry Heard.

16. 11Fletcher

11Fletcher Platinum Record

NFT idea in itself is nice and show some good potential (solution start to appear to solve that carbon print problem, blockchain technology it still a new thing, and it still in some try & error period for now, but things change)

For now, the problem I see is the exact same we already see with art market, it's mostly an investor thing, where value is given by a some people who can decide what is good or not, with nothing to do with the art itself. It's been like that for years with art galery, and it's control only by a few hand of "influencer" people (not the kind of influencer you find on youtube/instagram).

If they decide something has a value, then it got some value, no matter how good/bad the piece of art itself is (which is always a subjective thing anyway). Last famous exemple of that is the banana taped on a wall sold for 120 000$, this exemple is the exact same thing as NFT. You don't buy a unique thing, but just a certificate (apparently with some instruction book to rebuild the art at home - cause the banana have to be real and doesn't last long...). Everyone can do that, it's not particulary pretty (at least not "120 000$" pretty), and it's a waste of food.

No one who like art for its beauty will pay that much for a banana on a wall that you can reproduce yourself easily, but investor will buy that because it can take value and be sold a little bit more, especially after beeing talked so much about. NFT work exactly the same, everyone can download the Beeple picture he made since he start is "one day one picture" project (it's on facebook and probably on his website), the guy is really talented, but the jpg of all his picture from this project really worth 69 millions ? That price is not the art itself, but it's the token that prove you own the art. At least with the old paint and art you own the art and it's unique, it can be reproduce, but not as perfect as the original (and you got something the original artist touch with his hand, like an old Kurt Cobain guitar or an John Lenon piano).

NFT just show us how art business really work in it's most extreme form from people who don't care about art, but care about investment. The best is to go make money now when it's all still a bit confuse, before the new investor start to realize they're not really part of the game, soon the market will come back to the way it was, just like crypto with banks and new registration (and soon to be national crypto)

17. MassesAreAsses

MassesAreAsses Member

It's just a draw from the psychopaths to trap people in their beast system. Honestly what the fuck is the real worth of a video of Jake Paul opening a pack of fucking Pokemon cards... it's the height of stupidity and idolatry. It's a fucking trap.

18. droplet

droplet Rock Star

Yea I would never put my music on a piece of vinyl or plastic not to mention a rolled up black ribbon. It doesn't make sense.

19. D____R

D____R Kapellmeister

As I posted earlier, the real value lies in the hosting. People don't want the "jpeg contract" they've purchased simply disappearing one day when the whole thing implodes. Own the hosting and charge idiots money to keep the crap they've spent millions on from simply ceasing to exist.

"Man, you're so close-minded! You're so unsupportive with your feeble boomer energy and you've hurt my feelings!"

DUDE, if every musician jumped at the first chance onto every fad and trend the industry has conjured up over the decades, there wouldn't be an industry. Grow up.

20. JudoLudo

JudoLudo Kapellmeister

ok but where is possible to sell music as NFT? I don't know sites where to sell music. also I can't use Clubhouse :(