Sell and buy mashups to Djs?

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by Highdom, Aug 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Highdom

Highdom Kapellmeister

Hey, I've made lots of mashups and I can make them on requests.
    So I was thinking about...Could I sell my mashups to djs who plays them live? There are any online services for this?
    I don't own the copyright of that music, I wasn't saying I'm going to put them in official stores of course, just to "private djs".

Otherwords...does a "mashupper" (man who make mashups for artists) exists? Or it's just a story for children?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. saltwater

saltwater Guest

this kinda goes the direction of ghost producing, probably you have to dig that scene to find people interested in this.
    but i think most do it for themselves, that makes the area for business very small

A mashup (also mesh, mash up, mash-up, blend, bootleg and bastard pop/rock) is a creative work, usually in a form of a song, created by blending two or more pre-recorded songs, usually by overlaying the vocal track of one song seamlessly over the instrumental track of another.To the extent that such works are "transformative" of original content, in the United States they may find protection from copyright claims under the "fair use" doctrine of copyright law.

today, if you find a buyer, you can sell anything :rofl:

4. Highdom

Highdom Kapellmeister

All clear, so I imagine I may find kind of online shops for mashups...

5. acecohle

acecohle Noisemaker

you don't own the right of the music used you can sell nothing online ..unless do re-edit or remix renamed them and sells them like their originals..actually this is a thing in beatport and juno