Self-Satisfaction

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by foster911, Dec 16, 2017.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

Love you guys! Be deep please! :bow::mates:

All the sounds you hear been synthesized by myself. Not using any preset, sample or third-party plugins.

Better version (if the drums don't sound good):
    https://clyp.it/aa5z0ove

• Like Like x 13
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. electriclash

electriclash Guest

nice work Foster :yes: :wink: :wink:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. Recoil

Recoil Guest

Hello, I am also of the opinion that less is better, over time, I need less and less, nice track @foster911 :wink:

5. foster911

foster911 Guest

@MMJ2017
    Thank you so much for expressing your love towards my simple music.:bleh::bow::mates:

6. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  7. foster911

foster911 Guest

Making music is one thing and asking people to listen to it is 1000 times more oppressing. I don't wonder why you never post anything.:bleh:

8. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

It reminded me of the SW cantina band, hence the picture. You`ve got your own thing going, keep it that way, it sounds cool.:wink:

9. foster911

foster911 Guest

I made this piece today (from 0 to 100) to show to @MMJ2017 that making music doesn't need any science. It's an easy task. I could use millions of different non-understandable and non-memorable parts but refrained from doing that to be as simple as possible. Music is getting hard when you want to make a storytelling version by your music.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  10. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

i never said making music needs science
    I never asked to anyone to do anything or change anything about themselves or do something your not happy with.
    if your happy and you know it clap your hands..........
    if you love what your doing keep doing it you have a way that works for you keep with it.

my content is about people that were already looking for it before i came along. language of music ( how music works) is not same thing as what we listen to out of speakers ,just like spoken language and a single sentence are not same thing.

I dont know where you get this from,

by the way could you do that?
    you can make millions of parts?
    give example make one just to show it.
    (if you wan to of course)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  11. coolbeanz

coolbeanz Platinum Record

nice groove man. me likey! :yes: :like:

12. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

*wrong thread - deleted*

13. spyfx

spyfx Guest

a cheerful & playful track, nice foster :keys:
    i like the bass & drum pattern :drummer:
    (not so sure about the chords coming in at 0.31 sec),pad sounds are great.
    (would love to hear your thoughts on my latest track posted here too :yes:)

14. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

Self-Satisfaction :unsure:

not bad... glad to see you are finally ready to stop wanking around... and get on with it..

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

Sounds nice man - good space and retro feel - gj - Mr Oizo would be proud even if he favors birds and bears to panthers.

Appreciate the share.

16. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

ive liked some of your stuff and told you brother.

i just think you should get into this......

2 and a half million views don't lie homie haha

LOOK its ALL young people!( in the audience)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  17. foster911

foster911 Guest

They're just wasting notes (squandering musical resources inefficiently). Your posted music to this forum usually lack purposefulness (bereft of beauty) and I don't know how you get a kick out of listening to them. I think you're content with them just because what matters for you most is clinging to your rules, and artistry for you has been concluded in those rules, guidelines, etc.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

I cannot understand what you mean, they are playing some of the most sophisticated,expressive and emotion music humanly possible

how do you waste notes or not? what you mean by that?

in what way does it lack purpose? it was crafted very specifically and it accomplishes what it set out to by creating exact emotional states.

i don't know hoe you do NOT get a kick out of listening to it. im trying understand you , im interested in what your trying to say i just don't know what you mean by what you are saying.

you don't hear what is happening as they play?
    every time they play a 8 note arpeggio you brain does not classify that as sounding same as a note ring out in isolation?
    or every time they play in a certain key your ears dont hear as that being the same as if they literally struck one note that rang out that duration? im trying to understand why you dont like it , im trying to understand the experience you have when listening to it.

I don't know what you mean, what do you mean by rules? i dont know of anything like that in music were you have rules, except that you set a 4/4 beat and 4 hihat or ride cybal ticks and your low kick drum snare drum thats all rules. etc. is that what you mean by rules?

what about rain falling on a rood top that has no rules is that good music to you?

i cannot understand anything you are saying, but im interested in what your trying to express in saying these things
    ( im trying to understand what you are experiencing and trying to express to me about this music)
    when you listen to music do you only look at the surface of it? ( the exact sounds you are hearing at a specific time?) do you listen deeper at all? you ever dig into the music when listening>?
    what you mean by content with them? do you mean me accepting the reality of what the music is presented to me? ( as opposed to wishing it was something that it is not?)
    I just think of it whenever i'm listening to music i accept it for what it is and then listen deeply as possible much deeper than the surface value.

for example when we watch a movie clip we don't just think of the surface value of certain shapes and colors(say a building is just a grey rectangle with yellow squares for windows)
    we dive deeper at what those represent we look deeper into what is being expresses by the camera movement the facial expressions the lighting the body language

we dont look at a face and say (peach color circular shape 2 circle with black dots in the middle of them)we look deeper at the facial expression the age of person what emotions and body language they show, we look at if they look sick or healthy we look at the lighting the time of day the shadows casting on their face etc.

do you look only at the surface of music you are hearing in a moment ? or do you look deeper like when you watch a movie?

when i listen to music i categorize what i am hearing actually playing, in context with its structure .
    if they playing a B7 arpeggio that turns into a Emaj7 strum then they sprinkle in some higher notes from G#m7 i hear what is playing in the context of a steady E note ringing in my mind the whole time because that is the musical scaffolding of what they chose is nailed to. its nothing to do with rules.
    just like when we watch a movie and see a woman face frowning
    we dont say " oh, the damn rules say that means sad"
    it has to do with the way things really work there is a deeper level to music
    just as a movie or anything else.
    looking only at the surface is only 1 percent you end up missing the 99 percent remaining.
    if it is true that yo have never looked deeper than the surface value of music you are hearing , someday when you do go deeper
    that is going to be amazing for you to see what the other 99percent is all about.

one more question kind sir.

when you watching a movie , say one moment its very still not a lot changing on screen, then next moment a lot of movement and the camera turns real fast and a person running and lot of motion , does whether it is more still or more active effect how you "good" you think the movie is? (no)
    then why do you think if music has few notes or more notes effects how good the music is ?

it is same thing as a movie that is very still and few images changing , vs a movie that has more changing on screen, that aspect of how much changes per moment has no impact on how good it is, because that is just the surface value what your eyes see per second what shapes and colors, what your ears hear in music per second.

I appreciate your time and speaking with you fine sir.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  19. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

20. foster911

foster911 Guest

This is my philosophy:
    There are no right answers at least in music, let your imagination be your guide.:bow:

We should arrange a meeting to talk about what a beautiful music is to see if we understand music the same.:bleh:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2017
  21. spyfx

spyfx Guest

something really nice you said here,i would like to add your inner voice & insights :bow: