Secrets of Guitar , {a CodeBreaker series}Jazz

Discussion in 'Education' started by MMJ2017, Dec 20, 2019.

?

Are you interested in how the guitar works?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    69.2%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. Possibly

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. Whatchoo mean ( ain't no such thing as " how guitar works" foo.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

@MMJ2017, That PXL Live Joyo looks interesting. Great solution for those that like their pedals, but don't like tap dancing!

2. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

Thanks my friend ,

Once I realized a switcher could be done ( instant presets ) I knew I wanted to save up and build a pedalboard .
    Now I can either turn them on and off if I'm just jamming trying things out , or I can use the switcher save presets .( Hit 1 button and have the entire sound change instantly to a new sound.)
    You can stack pedals in all type of ways .
    ( Like stacking gain pedals to get personalized distortion just for that guitar and that part )
    Like different lead tones rhythm tones drop tuning tones , standard tuning tones build any sound .
    It makes a infinite variety of sounds with pedalboard ( I have lot pedals for ambient things too , create full orchestra everything )
    I love it.
    ( And for the studio you can run any track from your daw out info the pedal board then back in the interface and record a real analog tone with special effects .(
    Love it.
    ( My recording console has 16 mic inputs / 1/4 with preamps , then 10 separate outputs ( can make 9.1 surround sound also )
    Or can send a daw channel out to outboard fear like the pedalboard or tape machines , tube preamps with transformers etc .

I use everything on the pedalboard , from my 8 string 30" scale length tuned like a bass guitar, to my baritone 6 string tuned to B, to my standard metal guitars, to my telecaster and my semihollow with flatwound strings for jazz,
    I can customized the sound for each guitar and different styles.its great
    (I always go through a tube amp with alnico speakers ) I use mostly celestion alnico cream speakers or tonetubby alnico speakers )
    I do love my voxac4 , but mostly love big bottle tubes so my amps use either 6l6gc or kt88 valves .
    The larger tubes give a more holographic tone .
    ( And definitely need the big bottles for like my 8 string tuned like a bass guitar )

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. digitaldragon

A friend of mine had a different kind of switcher. The pro looks nice with the amp switching capabilities included.
    I'm doing something similar, using a Rocktron MIDIMate controller with a Roland GP-100 connected to either a Krankenstein or a Marshall DSL-40CR. The Marshall is actually MIDI capable, which the Rocktron can send the correct commands. The Krankenstein can be switched using the Amp Switching outputs of the Roland. I connect it all using the 4 cable method, so it's a pretty versatile setup whichever amp I'm using.
    Of course, there are those who prefer the tone of pedals over rack effects. Roland sold me with my first GP-16. Once I opened it to peek inside, and noticed all of the IC's with the Boss logos on them, so I thought that it's likely the same IC's as in the then current lineup of pedals.
    Not so sure about the GP-100. Haven't opened it up yet. Most complaints I see about them were the COSM modeling, which I don't really use. I'm using the amp's pre.

4. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

Badass man, sounds like a nice rig.
    Yeah the pxl pro is nice from joyo it's a affordable price gear quite good for a bargain .
    I want to eventually get the gig rig switcher , its one the best but super expensive .
    I'm pretty happy with the joyo though , damn stuff expensive the pedals and everything but whole pedalboard built like a tank that type gear last a lifetime.
    Yeah I like pedals to enhance the main tube amp and speaker cabinet sound . Others use a pedalboard for tone into transparent amp , I don't care for that route too much .

5. digitaldragon

I'm the same way. I like the way my amp sounds straight. Effects are used only for space (delays or reverbs) and ambience (phaser, flanger or chorus) so their tone isn't as important as the sound of the amp. All they need to do is add to that tone.
    Maybe we need a guitar tone thread... :rofl: