searching song again :) (with audio example)

Discussion in 'Music' started by CosmicJhin, Nov 23, 2023.

Tags:
  1. CosmicJhin

CosmicJhin Noisemaker

Hey guys,

so i came up with this chord progression while playing around and added that little top melody that was in my head while recognising i heard that somewhere already.

Not sure about the tempo and the pitch, but pretty sure it was an american rap song using this melody.

Im searching for an hour right now but just cant find it nor can i remember any lyrics of the song.
    If anyone knows the song please let me know. Thank you for taking your time. :)

https://vocaroo.com/16YTQS1dMgUo

3. Ryck

Ryck Guest

I don't listen to rap, but this might help you, perhaps. I often have the same problem as you. Sometimes, when I create a song, a part of it sounds like a familiar song. So, I grab my phone and say, 'Hey Google, what song is this?' It prompts me to hum or sing the melody. I hum the tune, and then it gives me three possible results of similarity. You could try this to see if it works for you. It might not be any specific song; our brains often analyze various musical elements we've heard and generate something new or similar. That's why many songs sound 'influenced.'

4. DEGRAD

DEGRAD Ultrasonic

5. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

First I thought it could've been:

But now I think it's the refrain of:

6. CosmicJhin

CosmicJhin Noisemaker

Thank you all for your help guys. I finally found it. For anyone wondering it was YNW Melly - Murder On My Mind.