Searching in Audioz

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by javiawake, Apr 29, 2015.

1. javiawake

javiawake Noisemaker

Ey Guys i´m doing "searchings" in the forum and the maximum of topics are always 75....

Example i try with "ask video".....75 topics found
    Mac provideo 75 topics found
    Native 75 topics....etc.....

But in all of the cases there are most of 75 topics. How can i do to see all posts about one of these companies of bellow???

Thanks¡¡¡¡

3. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Refine your search and drill down to a lower level. Example: if you're looking for MacPro videos for Logic then include that in your search results. 99% of the time this is a better way to do it because it limits the load on the server bringing up unnecessary results most people will likely never need. It forces us to get a better idea of what we're actually looking for rather than the collector mentality of "I need everything by this company". What I do is research on the company website and then come back to AudioZ with a clear idea of what I'm looking for.

4. javiawake

javiawake Noisemaker

Thanks Catalyst. It was only a curiosity. I´ll do most specific searchings¡¡¡¡¡

5. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

don't forget also that releases may get removed due to the admin team receiving an official DMCA request, even if you know that what you are looking has been released, in which case your searches will not display anything

Cat would it be possible to have a list of releases (just the name) listed, perhaps as a sub section under the DMCA/Policy page to confirm their removal from AZ?

6. Rotten.Surfer

Rotten.Surfer Ultrasonic

That would be nice.

7. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

well I do not mind some new version of a plug-in gets uploaded and approved, now it might slip tru by accident (*wink*wink*) ,

I think we are better of playing dumb. after a new dmca arrives it can be removed again. if I understand correctly nobody is hurt in that way :)

Edit: I allmost forgot the topic, Don't forget about the allmighty duck! Quack quack! :wink:

8. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

What are you talking about? It's the DMCA, you can't "play dumb". Good way to ensure never playing again. Most hosters are not understanding and will take the site down if you're not in compliance.

9. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

well, I'm not a lawyer and I'm not that familiar with US law, I guess you are by now.. :rofl:
    I'm allmost certainly wrong I'll try to explain how I got to this misconception (in broken English as always *yes* ):

Everybody knows about the mega-upload scenario, what poked my interest was the way they handled multiple uploads of the same file regarding take down requests. source
    It seemed to me that DMCA request are very link specific thus not to be played dumb about removing the content, but take it less broad than you morally should.

by now, after over thinking this. It might be like throwing down the boxing-gloves/throwing a bat in a doggy cage (I hope 1 of these 2 expressions translate well :bleh: )

after all mega-upload didn't end well....