Searching good toms

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by adrien, Jun 7, 2016.

1. adrien

adrien Guest

Hi i'm searching some "toms" to create the basic melody. Here is an example of toms i'm searching :

Do you know where i can find a good library ? thanks

3. beatroot

beatroot Producer

Try NI Battery 4 or if you are using Logic X then you could check out Ultrabeat.My guess is Battery 4 will do the trick for you.Nerve is also good.

4. adrien

adrien Guest

I'll update my informations i forgot to do this.

I have the komplete 9 ultimate, but i don't find what i want in battery. Do you know if the battery version changed for battery 4, with the komplete 10 ? I'm interrested to have the updtate only for battery if there is one, but not sure about that.
    I found something on Gumroad : https://gumroad.com/discover?query=toms (free), some nice stuff, but maybe it's not only "TOMS", it extends with other words i don't know... like Congas, etc....

5. adrien

adrien Guest

6. adrien

adrien Guest

7. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

8. relexted

relexted Producer

Where you say tom, I say: something low, the organ sound, the snare and a bongo is used. and an inaudible shaker. Throughout the track the layering keeps changing.

9. beatroot

beatroot Producer

They are bongos pitched up layered with an 808 rimshot.
    The other instruments are an 808 Sub bassline,909 kick with low tuned 909 toms with the release cut,timbales ,808 and 909 hats .Everything available in Stylus,Battery 4 and Ultrabeat including various other vsts.Question of a little eq ,gate etc.Not sure what you are actually referring by tuned toms

10. adrien

adrien Guest

Nice thank you for the answers, i'm not good in knowing the percussion sets played, now i have more details ! =)