SD 2.0 install question

Discussion in 'Software' started by venndi, Jan 3, 2017.

1. venndi

venndi Ultrasonic

Hi

I downloaded the 2.4.4 install. I installed and registered, I can open in LPX. The problem is, that I can't install the NY avatar sound library. When click on sound installer, then I got this message https://s23.postimg.org/hurp7473f/image.png . And in SD2 when I want to locate the sound library, it's just give me some error that it's not a sound library.
    Should I put the avatar library in some specific folder? In which folder from here, users/username/...https://s27.postimg.org/l8en1rd03/image.png

Also, it's necessary to install NY avatar? Can I just install the metal foundry (if I succeed)?

3. RiffMaster

RiffMaster Guest

Dude i never bother installing sound librarys just copy the whole lot to any folder anywhere you want then navigate from SD to the folder called sounds , you dont need avatar but it has some great presets by some well cool dudes

4. LarsYouPutz

LarsYouPutz Member

When having issues with sound library installs using the installer, I open the cd in explorer, and just copy/paste the .obw files to the proper sounds folder. It's a pain, but works every time, unlike the Toontrack library installer. Then in Superior, you go to settings, click on +Add Path To Library. Generally, it would be a folder in your Toontrack folder called SL-Avatar/Sounds. This is Windows. Apple use whatever your explorer equivalent is. No, you don't have to load Avatar, or NY, but why not if you got them.