Discussion in 'Software News' started by theDingus, Apr 3, 2015.

1. theDingus

theDingus Audiosexual

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  3. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

Although I have not used the Scuffham stuff myself, I hear it is the best ITB guitar modeling out there....

4. grdh20

grdh20 Platinum Record

They will still sell without ilock needed.

5. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

It is very good, probably the best crunch sound.

BUT for high gain, i prefer LePou amps and Ignites Amps.
    Last Amplitube high gain amps, Revalver...

I still don't understand, like with Vox, why they "snob" modern metal ? :wow:
    Metal ppl are using sims since the beginning. They started with Pod Pro v1 (even bean), for live gigs and studio.

To me, companies bypassing modern metal are loosing half their sells...at least :dunno:

Line6 and Fractal audio never missed this point. Their forums and Youtube are full of metal ppl.
    May be one day we will see a Scuffman Diezel or Krank :wink:

6. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

yeah, i think line6 (whose amps encompass the FULL range of sonic power from Slipknot to Clown Posse..:))… and Fractal focus more on the seven string death and heavy as hell stuff, … I guess that might be easier to accomplish in a certain sense, whereas capturing the more delicate essence of an ac30, fender champ etc have more discerning critics….

7. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

Just buy one of these and send kontakt guitar or synth to it, and record the output:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdEMjqok7Ok

I think this little thing for the price is better than any current plugin for high gain metal.

8. Voo

Voo Platinum Record

Scuffham's writing to the MBR (Flexnet copy protection) is no joke, Few years ago I installed the demo to try it.

It was responsible for corrupting a work related program that uses the same type of protection and would not co-exist with s-gear.
    Cost me alot of time and money first figuring out how to repair the Master Boot Record and then then reinstalling and configuring my program.

Turns out Flexnet writes to Sector 32 which is very uncommon area to have information in. The only way to fix it was to format that area of the MBR which pretty much screwed my computer up.

This really opened my eyes to how copy protection could be so invasive.

It says here that now they will introduce another form of protection.. oh joy I cant wait.

As much as I wanted to try/buy this it falls into the Tone2 mentality of the draconian forms of copy protection.

If you have other programs that use Flexnet.. Buyer Beware.

9. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

The Marshall sound is one of the best to my ears but as with every emulated ampsim if you compare the raw sound from them they are very similar sounding it is the effects or tweaks in the presets that make people go WOW..

It is the same if you compare DAW:s some DAW:s have a ready tweaked tracks so when you klick on add track the tweaking is already there take that away and it sounds like every other DAW
    Thats why some believe that this or that DAW sound so much better than this or that DAW

10. Guitarmaniac64

Did you SEE if he was using the amplug?Ooops well its there i did not even looked at first but then i decided to look at the video (i thought maybe that crap is not crap after all?)
    But i only had to listen 3 sec and it was exactly as i thought crap only good for home practice.
    I did however listen to the whole video.
    It sounds very crappy and not the kind of sound i would use on a metal song i guess you are a synth dude if you think thats a good guitar sound?

11. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

On my side, i don't need VOX metal plug. I use an AMT B1 for this purpose :

I was just a little bored VOX didn't made a racked Tonelab, with modern metal amps and better cab sim.
    As far as crunch goes (AC30...) or clean (Fender...) VOX rules. And hard rock metal classic too : SLO100, Dual Rec... too.
    But no modern high gain :dunno:

About Flexnet copy protection, it is an horrible protection. And ppl don't even know it is installed...
    Adobe seems to use Flexnet too. Things are going to be a mess soon if this sh*t grow.

12. Guitarmaniac64

Hmm wonder why this version is c:a 160 mb and the last version was over 400 mb?

13. Guitarmaniac64

Listen at 0.58 for the REAL sound of that box (way back in the background) it´s somehow not the same and sounds like the guy in the video is jamming to a ready make track as the other sounds in the video is very different from that 0.58 short clip.
    So even if that box may be awesome in itself i wonder if it is used on every guitar track on the video?.

14. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

Im not a synth dude. I own the v2 metal amplug, and i like the sound. I just wait for some ppl to make mods for it like the v1 metal "clean" mod that proj16 made.

Most guitar ppl i talk to or read online, they love the amplug sounds and wish vox would make it in pedal form.

If you want to pm me .wav file of your clean guitar i can run through this amplug and send back to you.

15. blacknblue

blacknblue Producer