Scripting Tools For Kontakt 5

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Mr_Amine, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

Since I'M Working With My Team On A Side-project , I Thought about we need a serious section for scripting in kontakt Section like tutorials so in case if i want to share something on AudioZ it will be good if we share something with great script too & that will be nice , so what you think about those tools for Making script & is this the best 2 tools or there is other tools that will fit better with Kontakt 5
    (1) - http://www.g200kg.com/en/webknobman/
    (2) - http://www.musikbits.com/generator.php
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Best Answer
    Nice one Mr_Amine :thanks:

Knobman is a great program. Have used the on-line version myself & it pretty good.
    Is well worth downloading the full free version also & getting comfortable with it if you are able.
    It can do lot's of other things besides simply making knobs.
    As for automatic code compilers.
    Well am split on that issue. Of course they are easy to use & you don't need much experience but they have their limitations & do make mistakes.
    For me personally it's defeating the object a little. If you are going to get serious about KSP or use it long term quite simply your going to have to sit down & read KSP reference manual and work through examples.
    I haven't used them myself much at all so am not passing judgement but rather just looking long term.
    For example I have no idea how you would go about setting up an array or importing/exporting Midi files from a table, functions etc in such a machine & whether or not u are able to do so. However I guess they could be good for setting up layouts & basic coding etc.

Of course KSP in itself is dynamic in nature and often there exist several ways around a problem.

The nature of KSP is constantly changing with regards to certain elements such as Midi, PGS, Script communication and so much more. From my own viewpoint such compilers are going to have a job keeping up. Another example would be the last Kontakt update that allowed users to change the FX etc within given slots. Haven't looked into that myself yet but that could potentially be a huge capability that code machines & such overlook. However how good they are like I mentioned couldn't really pass judgement fairly as personally I have not used them much. Definitely worth looking at though :yes:

Another compiler that worth a mention is Nils Liberg Scripting Tools

http://nilsliberg.se/ksp/

Anything there always worth reading and you can also download some great scripts to study use.

Outside that the guys at SonicCouture like fantastic at scripting so always worth checking out their page as think they do a load of stuff wrt scripting & also Scriptorium has some good scripts that well worth looking at. U can aslo register get some free bits etc.
    Also definitely check out anything from Bob Villwock & his homepage. Scripting legend :beg:& his stuff immense & some useful tools.

There many others also that do some great stuff

There also some templates for Photoshop etc that i've heard some people find quite usefull.
    Best of luck with your projects & thanks for the information :mates:

4. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

Thanks Clandestine for the info that was very helpful & i will see about Scriptorium script
    and http://nilsliberg.se/ksp/ it's very powerful too :thanks::hifive::like:

5. Menorah

Menorah Producer

6. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

7. Dupree

Dupree Member

Thanks...I will try this as well, I am trying to make my own Kontakt instruments

8. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Great idear Mr_Amine :wink::wink:

9. lerkjurk

lerkjurk Platinum Record

10. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

As usual Clandestine is on point. He's actually been nice enough to help us learn about Kontakt scripting by sharing his knowledge in AudioSex Academy with Alraun in the KSP thread that lerkjurk pointed out. Really interesting stuff that I highly recommend that you guys check out. I would also recommend delving deeper in order to make the most of scripting for Kontakt. There's a learning curve but it will pay higher dividends in the end.

Loving this best answer thing by the way. If we're really vigilant to mark only those answers that are really "worthy" then we can make information more useful for the next guy. :hifive: