scratching melodies in fl studios

Discussion in 'Education' started by ca5plays, Jun 26, 2016.

1. ca5plays

ca5plays Member

this video kinda blew my mind i never tried to scratch control melodies and stuff , any one know of the easiest way to get this feature in fl studios and a cheap controller to get

3. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

4. Graf

Graf Platinum Record

white noise sweep. there are several methods to do this in FL studio, youtube 'white noise sweep'. dyro is a good teacher on this topic but I don't see any videos on linking the sweep to a controller knob. which is just done with multi-link. I see why you are asking for directions

juhn1024 I think he is looking to 'scratch' it with a knob, not with gross beat. which is a cool tool. and FL's scratch tool is too clumsy on normal midi knobs.
    ca5plays, I think your on a right track make a white noise sweep and use multi-link to assign it to a knob. pay attention what mad Zach says about the range you want to assign. you can do this also with FL multilink, good luck

then make a video for the next person to see :)

5. Graf

Graf Platinum Record

if you like to scratch with your feet... lol

6. Nimbuss

Nimbuss Platinum Record

That LA Nightclub owner who banned laptops must be like
    [​IMG]

7. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

I don't use FL bud but way back in the day I remember having to for a collaboration with a friend. There was a basic but functional sampler plug-in called DirectWave which should have everything you need to do this. Except setting the min-max range. Not sure if it can do that 'coz I don't have the plug-in in front of me. I did find THIS though.
    Good luck.

8. ca5plays

ca5plays Member

i dont mean making a scratch noise fx thats easy i can do that on mixvibes dj on my phone or the fruity scratcher , ill check out the direct wave , this technique is used in trap beats , a good example is how you would use one chop and make a melody by adjusting the pitch , there are so many cool ways to make a melody in the edm world , im trying to basically take one sound and make a melody like the guy in out the video is doing , its just a cool new way or making a drop or what ever the technique opens up lots of new options , rather that the same old piano roll , that what these new age beats are about i think , we have new ways , lemme know plz if anyone could think of a way to scratch a melody in fll studios like the guy can do in ableton , thnks

9. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

You could experiment with granulation techniques like grain delay/stretch. In my Maschine I set macros and automate every single parameter I can get my hands on (Pitch, Size, Jitter, Space, Density, Mod, etc.) then side-chain with a gate, compressor or filter.
    Load a VST in FL and manipulate a sample or live audio. Map the parameters to some kind of controller with encoders and tweak.
    Open Sound Control or MIDI with a touchscreen interface works too.
    PureData and a wiimote or kinect if you're feeling nerdy and/or stupid.

There are more VSTs that offer even more parameter control.
    A few I like.
    The Mangle
    Hadron
    Argotlunar
    Fragmental

It can be chaotic at first, just try to understand the concepts of what each setting does. You'll eventually get control of all that randomness.
    Or so it may seem.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016