Scotland anti-drug controls at entry clubs

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Mr.Robot, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Mr.Robot

Mr.Robot Noisemaker

[​IMG]

POLICE are again accused of trampling over civil liberties after surprising clubbers with snap drug tests, we can reveal.

Customers queuing outside clubs have been approached by officers who swab their hands for traces of illegal substances.

Those who don’t co-operate are refused entry while those who test positive are questioned and face being searched and arrested.

Politicians and licensed trade bosses yesterday criticised the tactic as heavy-handed and a breach of young people’s rights.

Police Scotland have been under sustained criticism after a huge escalation of stop and search.

Last weekend, officers turned up at Club Tropicana in Aberdeen with a drug-detection machine called an itemiser and a sniffer dog.

They tested 100 people on the Friday and Saturday and a CCTV van monitored the club’s entrance.

For more info:http://bit.ly/1g3f8bA

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

If you dont have drugs on u, nothing to worry about I guess.

Or is a better solution to let drugs run more rampant on the streets of our cities...

For me, its good their actually trying to do something about it.

This fucking entire planet is going to shit.. if SOMEONE doesnt clamp down and start getting serious about drugs, crime, theft, terrorism, activism, murder, rape etc.. were just headed even further into the final death spiral of humanity.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. Mr.Robot

Mr.Robot Noisemaker

5. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

People waiting outside a club to have a good time are not the same thing (or related to) as people pulling apart some poor chaps tied between cars.

I prefer a crowd full of people high on sth. that makes them want to hug the world over a crowd full of people who are drunk and want to smash everything.

Please look at this more refinedly. Lumping together such complicated and extensive topics in one general rage is a fertile soil for radicalism and if there's one thing we should learn from history it's not to go down that path again.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. DrumcodeX

DrumcodeX Platinum Record

+1

7. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Latest reports in say "The Police sniffer dog was suspended, after testing positive for banned substances" When questioned about alledged offence the dog replied, WOOF.

Well what did you expect him to say? he's a dog!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Drugs are drugs.. whether ur standing outside a club or on a corner, still illegal... and its the turning a blind eye, legalizing, making it 'ok' that just leads to more widespread use, and statistics show that the majority of violent crime is committed by those under the influence of.

Maybe its OK for you... for me, its not, and I feel that its part of and a catalyst to the underlying problem, that the world is going to shit.

Oh to have been born much earlier in time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  9. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

yeah woulda been cool to be around when Elvis was breaking out...and early Rockabilly, surf... classic stuff..

but then , even the King died on his throne full of multiple pills...at the young age of 42

10. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

The world is defintely not going to shit. Only a tiny proportion of the world - the cities, where the inhabitants are mind-controlled by the media, fashion, music, education, staged news events... I could go on. There is much more world out there that is not affected by the mindless activities of the cities - where none of the bad things ever happen and you can live be a truly happy life.

11. The Iceman

The Iceman Kapellmeister

Yea like so much crime and bad things happen from kids taking some rolls and having fun at a club. Get off your soap box! You sound like an old prude! I bet your one of the dopes who agree with mandatory sentences and three strike laws. As long as people are not driving or hurting anyone else it isn't anyones business what the fuck they do.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Inside the clubs you get the dangerous drugs ever, leagally: The alcohol and cigarettes . And noone cares about it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  13. focusrite

focusrite Platinum Record

If you think illict drugs are a problem you're probably deluded.

Prescription drugs kill more than illicit drugs FACT.

===========================================================================================================
    By Dr. Mercola

Death by medicine is a 21st-century epidemic, and America's "war on drugs" is clearly directed at the wrong enemy!

Prescription drugs are now killing far more people than illegal drugs, and while most major causes of preventable deaths are declining, those from prescription drug use are increasing, an analysis of recently released data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) by the Los Angeles Timesrevealed.

The Times analysis of 2009 death statistics, the most recent available, showed:

• For the first time ever in the US, more people were killed by drugs than motor vehicle accidents
    • 37,485 people died from drugs, a rate fueled by overdoses on prescription pain and anxiety medications, versus 36,284 from traffic accidents
    • Drug fatalities more than doubled among teens and young adults between 2000 and 2008, and more than tripled among people aged 50 to 69
    Again, these drug-induced fatalities are not being driven by illegal street drugs; the analysis found that the most commonly abused prescription drugs like OxyContin, Vicodin, Xanax and Soma now cause more deaths than heroin and cocaine combined.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...number-one-cause-preventable-death-in-us.aspx

================================================================================================================

The most available drugs like alcohol and cigarettes, what about those?

=================================================================================================================

Alcohol:

Study: Alcohol is Deadliest Drug, More Dangerous Than Heroin - See more at:

http://www.dailytech.com/Study+Alco...+Heroin/article20038.htm#sthash.eZthZasz.dpuf

================================================================================================================

Cigarettes:

Tobacco use is the leading cause of preventable death in the United States, imposing a terrible toll in health, lives and dollars on families, businesses and government. Tobacco kills more than 480,000 people annually – more than AIDS, alcohol, car accidents, illegal drugs, murders and suicides combined.

https://www.tobaccofreekids.org/facts_issues/toll_us/

Cannabis? Negligible and Mdma negligible too......

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

drunk people act like morons, people on class As act like morons, people smoking weed act like morons... but as long as no one gets hurt and everyone has a good time, then it is fine by me.

15. filmmaker3d

filmmaker3d Member

OHH MAN...Just caught myself licking my Monitor.... :rofl:

And REMEMBER...:dont:Don't:dont: do :dont:drugs:dont:...SAY NO!!!!!! OR U END UP:woot::bleh:

yOU SAY no AND i SAY yeaH---

16. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Just my opinion, I blv i'm entitled to it.

No need to get defensive there young' un. or start name calling, there are rules on the forum about respecting other members mate.

Perhaps when you grow up, you'll feel differently..meanwhile, enjoy ur drugs.. makes no difference to me.

and plenty of people DO drive on drugs, drink, and kill people and themselves, should be harsher sentences for that too.

17. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

yep.. I stay diluted.. :cheers:

So.. your reply is.. other stuff is worse.. so dont worry about this?

Nice logic.

My main concern is worldwide society in general, is on a major downward spiral.. period.

Anyone who doesn't see it.. is blind, deaf, blissfully ignorant or retarded.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  18. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. focusrite

focusrite Platinum Record

One Reason: You offer an opinion with no reasoning to back it up.

In the grand "drugs are bad" picture as a whole, legal cigarettes alcohol and prescription drugs are the major culprits and that fact alone should be of the highest concern. Any reasoning to the contrary is delusional. If illicit drugs are harmful, legal ones are lethal by comparison.

20. strangeranium

strangeranium Ultrasonic

Stay away from stairs, baths, peanuts, cows, and ladders.
    These things are dangerous,and very deadly. [far deadlier than mdma or cannabis, cocaine and rc's combined]
    If we do not stamp out these seriously depraved elements from our society, we just may never make it to the other side.
    Or will we....

21. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Nvrm :like:

We all have our own thoughts, these are mine.:wink:

Focusrite, just look at the state of humanity right now for my reasoning. More than I'm willing to type out when its so obvious just by taking a look around us.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015