Scarlett 18i20 / Expert Sleepers ES-3 & Silent Way / MS-20

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by floond, Mar 12, 2015.

1. floond

floond Platinum Record

Hi guys, I haven't been around much lately but finally finished my work desk so i can back into producing. I've had an ES-3 module laying around for a while but only now found the space to have it all connected. I've been banging my head against my new desk the last cpl of days though because I can't figure out how to get this shit working right. I downloaded the ableton template from Expert Sleepers website (siwa vc vst setup). I've connected the ADAT-output on the Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 to the ES3's toslink input. In the Focusrite MixControl I send DAW 3 -> ADAT Output 1 and DAW 4 to ADAT Output 2 and so forth. The MS-20 is connected to the analogue input 3 on the scarlett (Ext In 3 in ableton).
    In Silent Way I've reversed the Gate open / Clsd settings as suggested in some threads cuz the MS-20 uses S-trig or something I don't know fuck all about.

I'm neither sure that the MixControl settings are correct, or certain where to patch in the outputs from the ES-3 on the MS-20, some threads suggest using VCO 1 + 2 CV In and Trig In, others suggest to use Total and Freq. In either case not much useful happens when I click the Calibrate Hz/V button in Silent Way.

If anyone happens to use a similar setup (in working condition) or know how to do it right, I'd be forever grateful for some help.

[​IMG]