Scarbee Funk Guitarist

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by mrpsanter, Apr 28, 2014.

1. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

On NI's site the demos sound amazing (of course) but I was wondering if any of you has some real experience with this one and if this is basically useful/useable in your setup?

3. thisis theend

thisis theend Member

Yeah I've tested and messed around with this a bit. I think the sound is good, it has a bunch of nice features and patterns, and it's easy to use and create your own variations. Very fun to play around with.
    As with all guitar emulations I personally view it more as an instrument of it's own rather than a replacement for the real thing. If you want that real funky soul I'd suggest pickin up an actual guitar or use some good samples instead.
    But as a sporadic highlight or in the rhythm background of a mix with some fx I can see it adding a lot of groove and feeling to a track, and I think it could do wonders if you're producing some electro stuff with a disco touch, kinda like Daft Punk.

4. Nima

Nima Noisemaker

Could not be better described :wink:

The good thing is that You have all needed accords (simple and complex) and every Groove has about 30 Variations.