Saxophone library recommendation

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by korakios, Apr 22, 2014.

1. korakios

korakios Newbie

Hi,
    I'm looking for a library that has realistic saxophones. The past years I never found a proper vst (trumpets,horns and most other brasses sounded nice but saxophones where always like a toy).
    I downloaded SAMPLEMODELING THE SAX BROTHERS Mr.Sax but I get the classic "The patch is encrypted ...bla-bla" on Kontakt 5.3.1.37 (can't remember whose release is the Kontact version I have).
    So any suggestions?

3. Menorah

Menorah Producer

Sample modeling the saxophones (It is like an improved vst version from sample modeling mr sax for kontakt)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42hrU8g6_oE​
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2rGV3g3f0g​

If you don't have a midi controller you can use am vst unicontrol, to control the expression of the instrument (I think it is the cc2, someone correct me if I'm wrong), and you can automate it in your daw.

[​IMG]

4. TwistedCycles

TwistedCycles Member

This one is really, really sexy. Make me sweat and smash my nano keyboard feeling i'm a virtuose looool

5. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Sample modeling the saxophones, includes SWAM engine, as a vst, it's really one of the most credible actually.
    And it's a vst, you don't need Kontakt.
    It includes Soprano, Alto, Tenor and baritone saxes.
    Even without using all of it's expression possibilities, you can get a real good result.

Embertone's sensual sax, is more confined into one style of playing sax, and it's one sax only.

6. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Two excellent suggestions. I used to play tenor sax...baaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccckkkk in the day.[​IMG]

7. Blister

Blister Newbie

I have a couple of friends who play Sax, trombone and Trumpet. (ska band)
    So far i've only managed to impress them with Mr. Sax, Sax Brothers, Trumpet and Trombone from Sample Modeling.
    Not the VSTi's but the Kontakt Lib's.

Whenever i play the SM Trombone it feels like Fred Wesley is in the room with me. :wink:

8. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

9. korakios

korakios Newbie

Hi again!I managed adding SAMPLEMODELING THE SAX BROTHERS and also tried the Sample modeling the saxophones with SWAM engine. Long night ,but SWAM engine did the trick!Very realistic .So now it's time to blame my playing and not the sound library or vst!
    Thank you very much :)
    PS.Since I am new to the forum my posts are delayed for approval...

10. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Don't worry that's only temporary and instituted to prevent trolls and spammers. :wink:

11. Vladkin

Vladkin Newbie

I think this library you liked it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5qmJMq53Jg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fanou_Tt0w​