Saving Patches Works in New Kontakt 5.0.3!

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Sonar_Eclipse, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Sonar_Eclipse

Sonar_Eclipse Newbie

I just wanted to let anyone know, who is using the newly-released Kontakt version 5.0.3 for Windows by AntonyBot, that saving patches now works on encrypted libraries.

[​IMG]

I was able to create a nice .nkm multi for my orchestral template, then save it to my hackintosh SSD for faster loading. And using Paragon HFS+, I can access this drive in both Windows and Mac!!

Just a note that this will not work for Mac users, as the new 5.0.2 is Windows-only. They can use Crossover or Wine to do this.

Cheers!

Attached Files:

3. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

Also seems to load libs a LOT quicker too. :wink:

4. VIVIsect

VIVIsect Ultrasonic

Kind of an off-topic question, but does anyone know whether or not I would lose my QuickLoad settings if I upgrade from 5.0.2. to 5.0.3.? I have a ton of libraries perfectly indexed and I'd really hate having to rebuild the whole thing... Any help would be appreciated. :)

5. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ VIVIsect,

Unfortunately, I never had to face this kind of situation because I don't use the 'QuickLoad' option, so take the following as a SUGGESTION, not as something acquired !

Firstly, make a copy (backup) of the Full content of your 'QuickLoad' Folder that contains the following Folders : Bank, Instr, Multi.
    Then, if you plan to install this new v5.0.3, the install procedure will create the same 'Folders structure' as with the previous v5.0.2, hence my suggestion to simply replace this newly created 'QuickLoad' Folder with your 'old' one (this you have saved previously). Logically, there's not reason that this doesn't work...

C:\Documents and Settings\User XXX (<-- you !)\Local Settings\Application Data\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5 \QuickLoad

I have only one reserve in respect of the files included in the Folder 'Db', and in particular 'kontaktdb2' that contains the informations about the Libraries that you have imported and are therefore registered within your actual version. I fear that this file must also be included within the new version installed because the original file that will be installed with the v5.0.3 will be much smaller in size, this fact seems rather logical. *yes*

In case you'll try this suggestion and that it works for you, it would be interesting to get a feedback for others eventual users that would perhaps also get the same. *yes*

Hope it help in some way ! :wink:

6. VIVIsect

VIVIsect Ultrasonic

Thanks so much for the reply, Studio 555!

I decided to go for the update. I backed up my quickload folder, uninstalled 5.0.2, and installed 5.0.3. I went to replace the newly installed quickload folder with the backup, and I noticed that all of my files were already there! No need for the backup, apparently. :)

I played around with the update for a few minutes and everything appears to be working fine. Very nice!

Thanks again for your help! :wink:

7. Pronto

Pronto Kapellmeister

anyone know how to get drumasonic 2 working please? ....its supposed to work in kontakt 5.0.3 but not for me....the licence install is convoluted i know but i seemed to get the licence in place and it'll add the library to the menu but then keep getting encrypted please register message when trying to actually load the library..

8. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

wow thats a good news - because i have some K5 sample libraries i want to resave out of the shitty big nks-files.

9. AudioTiger

AudioTiger Ultrasonic

@Sonar_Eclipse:
    @Studio 555:

Very interesting...

All these infos are REALLY worth knowing!

:wink:

10. trees415

trees415 Noisemaker

I still cannot get how absolutely awesome this is. Ever since I updated, I've been converting all of the encrypted and uncompressed libraries I have, and I haven't encountered a single problem. Considering that native instruments makes a ton of money from selling licenses to companies that produce libraries for Kontakt in exchange for encrypting/protecting the library samples, there is no way they would have endorsed this. So the only other logical answer is that AnonyBOT must have figured out how to remove the protections against extracting/copying library files. Considering this little hack has worked consistently, this is probably one of the best Kontakt releases I've seen in a while. Native instruments probably won't be too happy when they find out though...