Save the Children - Win a Tone2 Bundle so others don´t accidental use it

Discussion in 'humor' started by Polomo, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Polomo

Polomo Guest

Just saw this on KVR
    https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=537357&p=7625786#p7625786
    Should we win it just to delete it.:mad: ...... but we have to use it to win :wow:
    Oh, my f..... up ethics, what should we do ?

We are doing a demo-song contest for Icarus. You can win these prices:

1st price: Tone2 Complete Bundle (worth $999; includes all synths, effects and expansions)
    2nd price: A Tone2 synth of your choice (worth up to $189)
    3rd price: An effect of your choice (worth up to $79)
    4th price: A sound-set of your choice (worth up to $59)

How can you take part?

1) Create one or more impressive jingles that use several instances of Icarus. Each jingle should be between 20 seconds and 40 seconds length. Avoid compressors.

2) Save your track(s) as a 96 kHz WAV file (if possible)

3) Send it to markus[a t]tone2[dot]com before February the 2st

4) We pick the best jingles and present them as demo-tracks on our website

5) The winners will receive their price by email

Examples:
    https://www.tone2.com/icarus.html

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Priceless :hillbilly:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. AudioTee

AudioTee Kapellmeister

I had read the developer was involved with some shenanigans in the past, that I'm not familiar with. Is he still persisting in doing it or did he repent?

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

:rofl::lmao: :hahaha:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Polomo

Polomo Guest

Short yes the software from tone2 is still strange.
    Changing Registries in Windows and searching for keyed stuff and delete it without any warning.
    But It's less aggressive than years ago (Some Windows cracked because of the stuff did back in the days.)

https://audiosex.pro/threads/tone2-legit-software-shutting-down-my-computer.18338/

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

You can try to install Gladiator and mess with the licence file. And see what happens :D

Years ago, a LEGIT user moved this file away from folder. And tone2 Gladiator just triggered an "administrative alert", shutting down computer in 15 seconds or so when opening a plugin instance / project.
    I know ... i triggered it on purpose :D
    He opened a thread on KVR about it. Some other ppl reported he was right about Tone2 messing with their computers.

Conclusion ? Tone2 CLOSED their KVR forum ... and that"s all !!!
    Their lame excuse to close it ? too many talks about W4R3Z groups ... telling ppl about Tone2 methods :rofl:

So YES Tone2 uses h4ck3rs methods to mess with your computer. And sometimes, they just mess their LEGIT users computers by doing so.

PS : Tone2 sound is just psycho acoustics tricks. Their plugins sound THIN in the mix, because they play with "phase tricks".
    Try this behind a Tone2 plugin and see :
    https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=474413

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

NEVER touch Tone 2 software, even in a complete LEGIT sense, as do not support that idiotic fascist dev.

There is better out there. and it doesn't fuck you over.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. tun

tun Rock Star

that doesnt make any sense. are you saying tone2 plugins are mono? ive ran them through phase correlation meters in the past as well as hearing with my ears that they are not mono. i have only used gladiator, (which i really liked, but got sick of using it) but there are plenty of options for width etc.
    i dont know for sure how tone2 works internally, but typically oscillators will be modulated and shaped before having stereo effects applied to them, so handling L/R phase relationships should be close to the same as a simple waveform from any other synth.

10. thejohndoe

thejohndoe Ultrasonic

You don't know what you are talking about and the fact you just mentioned a goniometer shows that.their spiel about psycho acoustics has nothing to do with the kind of phase correlation you are thinking about.its fancy spiel to say that the perceived average loudness is well louder without introducing more peaks.in non-fancy speak it utilises non-linear phase rotation(allpass filters) to make frequencies more averaged over time dynamically.i asked Markus to get rid of this ages ago as did a few other people and he answered by also providing cleaner sound engines so being stuck with their "proprietary"psycho acoustic loudness algorithm(which sounds awful) hasn't been true for quite a few updates.based on the sound of Gladiator though i think its intentionally a large part of that particular plugins sound,love it or hate it

The Tone2 stuff is most definitely not thin.it has better front to back depth than a lot of plugins.its filter algorithms could do with an update in comparison to some of the ZDF filters that have become more desirable,but apart from that it ticks all the boxes for me.i could do without the invasive copy protection,but i dont rock much warez in general so its not much of an issue for me.nothing else sounds like the Tone2 stuff since all the sound engine updates.its one of the only synths other than MASSIVE X that i think is comparable with a decent hardware VA synth like the Virus or Nordlead which i'd pick over most VSTI's anyways for how they sit in the mix except for Tone2

11. Djoezie

Djoezie Newbie

No man. He changed the protection since 2015.

12. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

im missing a "sad" button.
    another classy example from tone2 that shows just how much they carre

13. 23322332

23322332 Rock Star

Tone 2 stuff uses all pass filter on the master (that I think could be disabled?) and this can make it sound fake/plastic. Anyway, some of his stuff is good, but... idk, I would rather support U-he, Melda, IL, Sugar bytes, Tal - all these have simple copyprotection that is not offensive, I think.

14. tun

tun Rock Star

thanks for the reply.
    what is the purpose of the all pass filter? i cant think of a reason why it would be useful on a master output without knowing what other sounds are doing.

15. thejohndoe

thejohndoe Ultrasonic

Read my response to the guy that doesn't understand what the pyscho acoustic algorithm does.its to average out the frequencies across the board.allpass filterw allow you to delay frequencies relative to others,so if you use enough poles,you introduce enough group delay to essentially have say the top end have the same average loudness as the low end thus being more perceptually loud (in a sense at least,not really in practically unless you introduce frequency specific harmonics on top of it)Markus for some strange reason thought this would be desirable but lots of people complained about it and since then there are alternative sound engines available that do not use any of the "psycho acoustic"processing,so the allpass filter thing and anybody who says is still a part of the sound are obviously referring to the cracks which i imagine are pretty old versions and thus have no clue what they are talking about

The labelling is extremely pretentious but that is what it boils down to

16. tun

tun Rock Star

harsh wording, but each to their own i guess.
    so I guess the idea was to create bands, which were adjusted to balance with each other. i did not know this went on under the hood of their synths. i do find that limiting, since you can do that yourself if you want, outside of the synth, if you dont want, you dont have to.

17. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Good idea. I just tried and recorded Gladiator3 via Loopback from their homepage. Look at this, beyond words:

[​IMG]
    Can't decide between :hahaha: and :suicide:

18. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Really? I wonder how you come to this disrespectful speaking and how people end up fighting in the humor section :deep_facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. Roboto

Roboto Producer

Too bad, turns out the R2R release is better. Haha.