Sausage fattner stop workin'

Discussion in 'Logic' started by fwb.dubz, Nov 10, 2013.

1. fwb.dubz

fwb.dubz Newbie

Hey guys.

I am have used Sausage fattner on Logic X for a while, but suddenly it stops working and logic don't recognizes it, say "missing plug-in" and say that the plug in is not avaiable in my computer, but it still runs normally on Logic 9... any one have any idea to fix it?

i have tryed to reinstall it a few times, but still not workin.

Appreciate.

3. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

How I deal with the situations like that:

1) Find a replacement plugin. There are loads of great saturators available, many freeware ones.

2) Use the DAW+OS with which it works if it is sso important.

Sausage Fattner is just a stupid waveshaper based saturation plugin. You can use Cableguys WaveShaper CM instead, for instance, or CamelCrusher/CamelPhat, Voxengo Tube Amp. There are lots of simple saturators like that, you just have to Google around a bit. ;) It is a bit harder to find them for OS-X, though.

I recommend you Camel Audio CamelCrusher because it is simple to use and doesn't use much CPU so you can use it on many channels. However, out of these freeware ones Voxengo Tube Amp would be the best, or Klanghelm IVGI.

Cheers!

4. lonewolf000

lonewolf000 Newbie

use kilohearts farturator instead. farturator doesn't destroy the dynamics while sausage fatener does destroy the dynamics.