Sarah//Sacrifice//Stranger Spy

Discussion in 'Film / Video Game Scoring' started by SpyFx ✪, Sep 5, 2020.

1. SpyFx ✪

SpyFx ✪ Guest

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. KungPaoFist

KungPaoFist Audiosexual

Pure excellence. Love all the sounds, the orchestra was killer. Albion One is great but I didn't expect it to be able to carry the whole orch like that. Aside from your orchestral programming wizardry what was the reason you chose to stick with this particular library exclusively throughout? I may not be maximizing ensemble libraries it seems.

4. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

Superb
    :wink:

5. SpyFx ✪

SpyFx ✪ Guest

^ Thanks for listening man :bow:,have a great day my friend :wink: :bow:.
    ^ Thanks for listening good friend :bow:,yes if you want to write in more detail in a composition,you will need all the sections of the orchestra,strings,brass,woodwinds separately,as that allows you to write in more detail your melodies/counter melodies,harmonies/counterpoint,
    a great one for this is Audio Imperia Nucleus (weak part of the library is the percussion imho) & it also gives you solo instruments,so you can emphasize/define certain parts of you composition :bow:,another great one is Jaeger such a great library,this time the percussion is great,but it is missing the woodwinds,it is a bit expensive imho($599),especially if you didn't buy it in the recent bundle that N.I did (for $399).
    Here is something quick i did with Jaeger (sound design part of it) recently :bow: :
    https://www32.zippyshare.com/v/sjt4St14/file.html
    https://we.tl/t-xkykHqyv8O
    Now back to Albion One and your question,the reason i chose to stick with this particular library exclusively throughout is :bow: :
    1.Ease of use one library that sounds great & allows you to focus on your writing/composition.
    2.Flexible across multiple genres,you can go from hybrid/epic to neoclassical & chamber music with this one so easily(use of close mics position & tree mics is great for this).
    3.Great & useful percussion (low/mid/high sections)
    4.sound of Hall at AIR Studios London.
    5.I like the synth/eDNA part of this library so much(kinda reminds me the fun i had with early Atmosphere by Spectrasonics),you can find the
    Developer kit folder,load it & create your own sound design/synth patches :bow:( that is what i did for the synth pulse on Stranger Spy).
    Hope this helps you a bit ^ :bow:,thank you for listening :wink::bow:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2020
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  6. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

Awesome work dear @SpyFx ✪ ... Superb trailer tracks... Love the sound design and musical progression on all 3... :like::like:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List