Sands of The Sahara

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Kinghtsurfer, Aug 6, 2018.

1. FadedShadows

FadedShadows Ultrasonic

I always find that the minor chords from the Arabian chord structures is great for Progressive Trance or some kind of far-out chill-step similar to Seven Lions. Anyhow, great stuff it gives me some good ideas! Just not sure I'd use the background wind-sound, kind-of gives a certain cliché or "cheezy-ness" to the track", but maybe that is what your going for, all-in-all really good track.

2. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Very nice tune!!!

3. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

@FadedShadows ... Thank you... If you do end up making something with an arabian flavour, please share...

@phloopy ... Thank you... Glad you like it!!!

4. flush with your foot

flush with your foot Platinum Record

love your job!

5. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

6. rah

rah Ultrasonic

Any and all feedback welcome!!!

[/QUOTE]

alright don't shoot me on this ok !

I've lived in the middle east( and the far east), so I'm basing this on what I've heard and any number of bollywood films music I had to listen to from an old GF from that region.

I'm hearing more of the Indian sound( sitar style), yes I'm almost hearing the rhythms of the middle east, although I wouldn't agree on the sound of the wind you are using. The flute( wind instrument) is Remanent of india and the far east as well.
    Now with that in mind , there is an influence( some say considerable) of indian music/culture in the middle east( considering that the indian ruppee was once a valid currency in the middle east) so in theory there should not be any surprise to what we hear.

I could only suggest to add the occasional vocal chants far into the background to perhaps add a little mystery

aside from what ever sound you used to represent the wind( i would change that if i could), its still a good effort( so please don't feel deflated if I have made you so).

please continue to show us more of your efforts, I'm fairly new here and a little shy to put out my stuff( I'm stuck on the mixing/mastering techniques), but I'm always glad hear the work of this community( I've listened to some of the audiosex albums put out here and they are refreshing )

update: its the buddha lounge sounds that I think are similar- perhaps you have been listening to them?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  7. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

Deflated? Never! :) music is just too personal... One man's poison is another's nectar...

Thanks for listening and taking the time out to write a detailed critique... I appreciate it!

I have shared quite a few pieces here at AS... Theyre all on my Soundcloud page... Do have a listen when possible... Also, dont hesitate to put up your own music... The learned folk here will have educated opinions about it... And that may help you better your mix/ master stage efforts...just as you are helping me with mine...

Thanks again!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018