Samsung firmware update URL's ?

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by ceo54, Dec 7, 2023.

1. ceo54

ceo54 Kapellmeister

Hello,

I have Samsung Galaxy F14 and it asks me to update the stock OS every hour which is very invasive and annoying. To get around the problem, I blocked all the samsung related URL's in the router but it still checks for update and notifies me to do so.

I checked the DNS logs in the router and these are the URL's it connected to while it checked for the update:

play.google.com

growth-pa.googleapis.com

play-lh.googleusercontent.com

play.googleapis.com

firebaseinstallations.googleapis.com

play-fe.googleapis.com

android.clients.google.com

alt2-mtalk.google.com

android.apis.google.com

Could any kind soul tell me which of these or any other URL's re the ones that OS connects to check for the updates so that I can block it and be done with it ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

3. orbitbooster

orbitbooster Audiosexual

I think it's difficult to block all sites (can appear new ones from time to time), search in Play "Grey Shirts - NoRoot Firewall", but if you are root, in this case AF firewall.
    There you can select which app connects (also update service), Lan or Wan or both.

4. ceo54

ceo54 Kapellmeister

Hello Orbit, thank you for the response, doing Google search, just discovered that custom DNS settings are bypassed by the update module so in that case I need third party app. Many thanks for the suggestion, it's late night where I' at, gonna try the app you suggested first thing tomorrow.

Cheers.