Samplitude vs Music Maker?

Discussion in 'Samplitude' started by xXDayDreamerXx, Nov 27, 2016.

1. xXDayDreamerXx

xXDayDreamerXx Ultrasonic

I was just wondering what the difference was, other than price points. I tried DLing a trial of music maker but sadly it crashes as soon as it opens. I'd really like to make music maker work if I could because of the friendly price, but if I'm better off saving up for Samplitude then I guess I'll do that...

3. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

Go get Reaper. Its far more better than both and very cheaper than Samplitude. Only $60. And you have tons of tutorials on Youtube compared to ugly old tutorals for Samplitude. Music Maker is for kiddies/beginners. Samplitude and Reaper are more comprehensive and for professional serious projects/use. But i dont know in what they particularly differ.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

I use both Reaper and Samplitude on a day to day basis, they both are great daws, but Reaper definitly doesn't do a lot that Sam can easily and the opposite is true too. @Alpha0ne I don't think it's fair to diss Samplitude unless you have an advance use of it, because it's about what it takes to take advantage of its features.
    @xXDayDreamerXx Music Maker is bad. Take sampitude X3 (or X2 it's one of the most powerfull daw) on the sister site and save money until you can buy it, if and only if it suits your needs.

5. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

http://www.magix.com/us/music/

From magix

Music Maker for idiots , many loops to start off a 10-click song
    Music Studio for Music production noobs, has a few features like VST?

Samplitude a SRSBZNS DAW,

But for the price of MM/MS, you could get reaper. Is there a particular reason you need to use magix?

6. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Actually I love Samplitude, but I agree that it's kind of an overkill for a beginner, and it can be confusing if you don't know your way around daws with advance features.

7. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

@Talmi I didnt want to diss Samplitude. But the tutorials on Youtube by krznet. They are really old, but not completely useless. Just for the pricetag i recommended Reaper. You dont get any other DAW for 60 bucks with wast amount of functionality. Other DAW demand way more money e.g Samplitude ;)

8. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

@Alpha0ne I agree...Plus the advantages of samplitude reside mostly in its editing possibilities with its object oriented spirit, it has solid tools for mixing and mastering, and all those are a real plus but not for everyone and every needs. No need to pay that much and to bother learning a complicated daw when you don't need to. Reaper is incredible btw, I actually spend more time working with it than samplitude...
    Kraznet is oldschool I agree, but he is very helpfull, his work really helped when I was discovering samplitude.
    I'm a bit sensitive with that daw :unsure:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

@xXDayDreamerXx those two you mentioned are like... umm light years apart... so I'm not sure what you're on about

what exactly do you want to do with the daw ? You have been around here long enough to have some idea.. m8. or m8'ess

Reaper is great for audio which is why it's my go to daw,
    not sure how well it does manipulating samples a la Ableton tho

if you are n00b'ish, FL studio might be the way to go to get started

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2016
  10. WHMedia

WHMedia Guest

This a MILLION TIMES. i can do in one keystroke what takes other DAWS 5 or 10 different clicks and keystrokes. Universal mouse mode is way ahead of the game and no one seems to notices because Magix is a german company and they still don't understand American marketing, or UK marketing, respectfully. German engineering has always been way ahead of the game. Germans, for what ever reason, have this knack about them for making quality stuff. If it says German engineering on it in any way, shape, or form semantically, it's gonna take a punch and keep going. This has usually been the truth throughout the years.

Reaper is impressive. It's very light on a cpu, it has a lot going for it, and if it feels good for your workflow then use it. A DAW is a DAW. It's what make you PERSONALLY feel most comfortable. My workflow has increased a thousand times over since going from SONAR/CUBASE years ago to SAMPLITUDE.

Do some research. Universal mouse mode lets your mouse turn into many multiple features from cutting to clicking to dragging to highlighting all depending on where you place the mouse within the wave form window. It's GENIUS and amazing and so ridiculously helpful and simple that it blows my mind. Auto crossfade when cut is another amazing feature, as well as being able to set a length of the crossfade on a particular project for those intricate drum edits.

Automation is amazing on it. Also works within universal mouse mode, so you can automate a volume curve on a channel and simply double click to add a node, and you can also set to only see the automation curve that you are working on, for instance, if you are automating a gate as well as something with an eq, the two automation curves can get very close to each other and confuse a mouse, so you simply set it to only display the current plugin you are working on, say a gate, and then its easier. When you want to go back to your Eq automation, simple go to the left and select which plugin you want for automation edit.

It's SUBMIX, AUX, and GAIN staging workflow is set up to resemble and actual mixer so as not to confuse like Pro Tools, where you have to basically program the living hell out of everything, nonsense.

Also has VCA's on every track, which i have yet to wrap my head around but am told by others that it's very useful.

Samplitude is highly tweakable. As a person who needs certain features and tweakability, I find this DAW gear more towards someone like myself. I like to play around, manipulate audio, get into trouble.

It just works, for me anyway.

11. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

kraznet's tutorials may be old, but they are virtually the ONLY proper tution i can find on the world wide shed. without his tips i think i would have given up on Sam ages ago. finding useful tutorials and such is still the worst thing about SAM. it mystifies me that there is so little of that type of info around. i occassionally spend some time searching for some mythical motherlode of help but i've yet to come across such a thing.
    i have a manual but i find that hard going i know enough to start working on whole projects in it, but i feel like i am only scratching the surface of what is possible here...
    it is a beast of an app, and i love it.. but i wish i knew it so much better..