Samplitude/Sequoia

Discussion in 'DAW' started by Olymoon, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

No new plugin manager, unfortunately

2. Moleman

Moleman Platinum Record

yea.. just tried myself the latest cracked version 13.1 of samplitude; well i can say that does totally SUCK.. yuck! what a shame, really wtf they are thinking at magix? btw, the whole app daw felt like i was on Cubase v5.5 in 2005, that kind of horrible workflow asking you mundane mouse clicking tasks to perform this or that..

despite of being underfeatured (at this time), i prefer Studio One, the best ever workflow.

amen!

3. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

How much time do you actually spend picking a plugin? I see plugin managers as a visual frill more than a workflow augmentation. I'll take Samp's 32 bit bridge over that anyday. It might be a tad finnicky, but it's almost never actually crashed on me and is worlds better than using jBridge, which spikes your CPU when adjusting parameters on several plugs.

I have more of a problem with the fact that plugs in Samp can't be easily moved around, between tracks or even among the other plugs in a track. But it's just a matter of opening a separate menu (or the mixer for the former).

It's nice that Studio One groups by vendor, but I do that anyway on install. It's nice that Live lets you move things around, and it's nice when CTRL + drag is all it takes to make a duplicate of your plug. But I still think Samplitude is better than either of them, and believe me I really love Live. To me, the most important workflow feature of any DAW anywhere is the ability to set my own keyboard shortcuts. I don't need the developers telling me what they think I need quick access to -- I know what I use. That and the routing, comparisonics, visualization + metering, 32 bit bridge, crossfade editor, ridiculously easy sidechaining, etc. etc. etc... save me way more time than any of its shortcomings cost me and make it by far the best DAW in my opinion. No comparison whatsoever. Moreover, keyboard shortcuts and preferences are saveable, importable, and transferable from Samp to Sequoia and back. These people thought of fucking everything. If and when I can afford to spend $600-$1000 on a DAW, the first thing I'm doing is paying the people who made it.

Live and S1 are about making things quick and easy. Samp is about giving you ALL the tools, and letting YOU decide how to use them. The built in plugs are as good as many third party developers. Need spectral editing? Set a keyboard combo for it.

4. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Does anyone know if it's possible to create separate automation lanes in Pro X2? I couldn't find anything definitive in the manual. I know it couldn't be done in Pro X, I'm hoping this has been fixed but maybe not.

it's not a huge flaw but when I need a lot of automation it does get kind of cluttered and confusing.

5. dondada

dondada Rock Star

quick question

if i use sam like wavelab
    load a audio loop (rec orelse) apply some vst fx

the objecteditor wont let me load anny vst, lefr click right click
    rescan vst (only using tc near and fabfilter bundle), nothing happens
    but every now and then everything works fine, on next load same problem
    win7 64, sam x2 (13.) notebook and desktop

no problems in VIP only on load/rec wave
    pretty new to sam anny help is greatly apreciated

update
    the chanelstrip works fine
    its just the object editor (the offline edito seems fine too)
    am i missing something