Samplitude/Sequoia

Discussion in 'DAW' started by Olymoon, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

You are invited to say and ask every thing about Samplitude Pro X Suite here.
    As there is a very few places to exchange freely about this so good program, I think here is a good place to start conversations about it.
    We can exchange techniques, tricks, skins, solve questions, well, everything

I will begin with a question: Are you satisfied about the appearance of Samplitude? Is there enough different skins to cover your needs?

3. TheDude

TheDude Newbie

I absolutely love Samplitude. I have been paying for and using it since version 7 (the pro versions.) I do mastering work with it and it really is one of my secret weapons. I don't usually use their built in plugins (unless the song calls for it.) There is a part of me that likes that not very many people have heard about it... it's kinda like your secret favorite band that no one has ever heard of. As far as appearance goes, I am usually use a mix of carbon and camo. I know that since going back to the serial protection and it being cracked and distributed, it has really irritated a lot of the user-base on their forums, but I think it's going to expose a lot more people to the greatness of their product and hopefully draw in more sales.

-Dude

4. shandroke

shandroke Newbie

Hey can you guys tell me how to use waw samples like kicks...when composing ,like in fl studio everything is so easy and fast,would really apreciate it!!! The sound quality of this daw is exceptional!

5. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Trollol? :)

6. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

The sound 'quality' is no diff. than any other daw. *no*

7. shandroke

shandroke Newbie

So i see you guys are just talking down to the newbies *no* but can somebody actually answer my question and help me? and my opinion is that the plugins that samplitude pro x provides are better in quality than other daws,i really like the ammunition plugin, it really that does wonders for your mix. Thank you!

8. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

Oh man!!I am afraid you started something here now this debate will go on forever??
    But i agree!! No Daw have different sound quality if they think they sound different it is the placebo effect..

Still learning this DAW i like it more and more..
    But i dont like the fact that you cannot place the content of the independence sampler on a different hd or can you? i tried but no luck..
    So now i dont have the content installed as C: drive is not that big but anyway everyone knows that is better to have the content on a different hd than the same hd as where your program is located.

Dont know if i can install the program on another drive?
    I think not and if you can..
    I believe samplitude would ask for that C:\documents and settings folders where everything is excepted to be according to Magix..

I like the fact that you can cut out a part of an audiofile and it become a NEW part not a virtual part like on every other daw..
    And that you can then apply effects or whatever to that new part.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  9. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

What do yu mean exactly by "use waw samples"? I don´t understand your question.

Do you know the "Unempty Vintage" Skin? It is very useful and practical, despite its aspect of old mixing table.
    but you better have a big screen to use it comfortably.

See a screen shot here: Unempty vintage Mixer

@ Guitar Maniac

I have Independence in another HD

To all of you who want the independence library in another HD, here it is the method:

VERY IMPORTANT:
    you must copy the files. ytif found in the "Image Files" to the root directory where you want to install
    (because the program moves them in a subdirectory)

Follow these steps:

1) create a directory in the HD you want to have the Independence Library

2) Put the 76 *.ytif files (like this one: Independence Content Image File 01_0_0_0,ytif) of Independence Library Content into the folder you created on the step before.
    You don´t need to extract them, just copy them there.

3) Start Samplitude Pro X Suite host application, go to > Help > Download instruments & sounds. Download from Magix and Install Samplitude Pro X Suite Independence.

Skip this if you already installed it. May be you have downloaded it from brother site.

4) In Samplitude, Go to VST, start Magic synth Independence. Choose 'Yes' when prompted to install independence content. Locate the folder with extracted content (the 76 *.ytif files),
    press continue, wait until the end of installation process (installer will check hash of file-images and download/generate some layer maps).

NOTE: If when you start Independence, you are not asked to install the library, into the vst, go to preferences, click the add library button.

That´s it

20 days later: I discovered a video from Kraznet explaining how to do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP2dP6oEcqc&feature=plcp

10. tracer

tracer Member

i like aswers from "one reason", always this grinning smart picture and the relaxed short post's on the point, hehe :wink:

11. shandroke

shandroke Newbie

Like making a loop melody ,like loading on a track a synth like for ex dune creating the chords and then on another track to use some kick samples(waw) and then play them all together, like in fl studio

12. S.LEE

S.LEE Newbie

i'm waiting for mac version and i will work with it this daw it's very useful for audio editing like sampling ,i was work with since 4 years but i was go on mac and let samplitude :sad: but i think it will be on mac in few time so i'm waiting

13. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Ok Dude, well let see, I could say just read the beginning of the manual. But there is this guy Kraznet doing very good tutorials in youtube, se his chanel here Kraznet Tutorials

Any way if you wana put a sample on Samplitude ´s track, just drag and drop it there. Then, if you wana get it looped click on the button "Object Editor" there, you´ll see loop Start, loop End and many other useful functions. Click the loop box, then jus go to the track where your sample is and click its right border, and drag it , you will se the looped sample expand.
    If you have a lot of sample, you may want to use the file button that will show you a file browser where you can listen to your samples before inserting them in your mixes.

To open a VSTi in Samplitude, see the track editor at the left side, look for the midi out menu, click here, a menu appears, at the en of it it says: "New instrument" put your mouse on it, a list of your vst instuments should appear, choose on.

I hope that you have a clue to begin now.

14. TheDude

TheDude Newbie

Most daws do sound very similar, but when you get into the gain changes on objects and things like that, it kicks into 32 bit floating mode, which is an efficient way to get the best resolution from the audio. And Magix's 32 bit code is definitely better and different than any one else's, which is why it sounds better. And slightly off topic of this response, once you get the "object editing" concept, there is no going back to any thing else.

-Dude

15. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Please guys we could speak about Samplitude, could we not fall in the old and boring DAW Sound quality debate. This debate is already on other places in this forum.

16. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

Also, it's "wav" (as in wave file) - not "waw".

The manual will do just fine. Read it! And the read it again.

17. ptpatty

ptpatty Platinum Record

Thanks Baxter for the "waw" clear up..that was bugging me but I didn't say anything :thumbsup:

18. deadhenderson

deadhenderson Newbie

I love this DAW but:
    For the price of the suite version, is it too much to ask for REX support? Simple drag ordering of plug-ins in the mixer or inspector? A duplicate track function, as opposed to the clunky copy & paste? An instrument rack, maybe? Drag & drop support? Note to MIDI from Elastique ala VariAudio, Melodyne, etc? Overall, though, I feel the pros far outweigh the cons. I'm way too reliant on the object editor, AM-munition, revolver tracks, restoration suite & vintage suite to ever leave this awesome program. I make my beats in Ableton and Reason, but I arrange, mix & master in Sam. It's way more intuitive than people give it credit for. I believe this is a cut & dry MARKETING issue. This is most definitely an area that MAGIX has clearly dropped the ball. In the USA, anyway. Anyone who's never used Samplitude will never realize how much Studio One & Reaper have "borrowed" from it. I'm not hating hating on those programs. I think they're pretty cool, but a lot of the features they brag on are features Sam had for years.

19. djradu

djradu Newbie

Hello all,i am new on audio sex.pro and must say its a great place !
    Second i just installed de full version os samplitude pro-x and i have to ask what addons are required for this,vst,vsti,etc where to get a list ! Thanks allot and a great day ! :)

20. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

I agree with you deadhenderson, Rex support would be a great function and a better way to organize the plugin list too. (The FL studio visual way is so practical).

But there is a function that not even Magix speak a lot, is the score/staff view, this is very useful and it is not in many programs.

And the external controller part could be much better.

What do you mean by Add on? If you mean synth , in this aspect Samplitude is very poor compared with other DAW. So you need to install some vst synth in your computer to use them in Samplitude. If you mean effect, it´s not so poor, you can use the one that comes with Samplitude, and add some from your vst folder.

There is a huge 70 Gb library of sampled instruments called Independence, that can be added to Samplitude, but on my opinion it does not have a good quality compared with what you can get using Kontakt.

Does any one use Novation Nocturne with Samplitude?

21. djradu

djradu Newbie

Hello ! Yes Olymoon i mean both but i specially mean instruments,where to find a list of what can i use and cannot !