Samplitude Pro X4 Released

Discussion in 'Samplitude' started by AudioGL, Dec 3, 2018.

1. AudioGL

AudioGL Ultrasonic

• Interesting Interesting x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  3. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

Interesting, but some more info than just a link would have been welcome.
    BTW your link goes to the Turkish page.
    This is the english page https://www.magix.com/us/music/samplitude/

NEW IN SAMPLITUDE PRO X4 Samplitude Pro X4 provides the highest level of quality for recording, mixing and mastering tasks, as well as for music production. The new version contains an impression range of virtual instruments and high-quality mastering and restoration effects as well as new, practical types of workflow. The software features significant improvements to functions such as automation editing of effect parameters and to the MIDI editor. The entire plug-in operation has been redesigned for a more efficient workflow. In addition, performance and multicore operation have been optimized, with Samplitude now offering support for CPUs with up to 32 cores.

All the new features in detail
    Automation lanes Automation for track parameters such as volume, panorama or VST effect parameters can be displayed and operated in lanes inside the audio track.

Plug-in browser Fast access to all effect and instrument plug-ins. The workflow has been designed to enable users to start working with a plug-in in the quickest time possible, only using keyboard commands

32-core CPU support To ensure optimum performance for recording and playback, the entire multicore operation in Samplitude Pro X4 has been enhanced. The new ASIO boost priority option ensures that CPU power within a system prioritizes audio processing in Samplitude, which guarantees absolute reliability during recording and playback

MIDI editing functions Easier, more customizable, more intelligent: Improvements to MIDI functionality include simplified plug-and-play behavior for external MIDI devices. Editing MIDI automation data is now easier and more seamless than ever before. Intelligent features for smoothing and enhancing automation data results in smoother transitions within your compositions.

• Like x 3
    • Dislike x 2
    • Interesting x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Willum

Willum Rock Star

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  5. ddoctor

ddoctor Kapellmeister

6. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

Why Turkish link? Oly right
    Samplitude Pro X4 English program version Recording, Production, Mixing and Mastering in a DSI Highest sound quality for use in the sound studio NEW! Automation lines for ideal channel automation data control and summary NEW! New add-on browser for fast detection of effects and instruments NEW! Improved performance: Samplitude now supports up to 32 CPU cores NEW! New MIDI edit functions and improved MIDI workflow 17 virtual instruments and Independence Pro Plus Suite Sampler US $ 1,149, 00

Kaynak: https://www.magix.com/tr/muezik/samplitude/
    Bizi takip edin: Google+| Facebook

• List
  7. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro Staff Member

@ddoctor - What is it that's dislike-worthy on Olymoon's post? :dunno:
    PM me if you wish not to discuss it in public.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  8. au38wzh

au38wzh Platinum Record

I checked normal and upgrade prices for different countries (hopefully without any copy-paste mistakes):

MAGIX Samplitude Pro X4

GB £299.99 -> £139.00
    USD $399 -> $149
    TL 1.149 -> 1.090
    D €399 -> €149
    CH CHF399 -> CHF169.90
    AT €399 -> €149

Samplitude Pro X4 Suite is -> D €599 -> €199

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  9. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Wow, that's a very small update.
    Very happy for the automation lanes, I've been bi...ng about it for while....But wow, this is a small update.
    Is it me or is it really a very small update ?

10. TW

TW Guest

It looks very small and not very flashy for a complete "X -number" update and for 150 bucks. Little/minor but useful tweaks and features. But maybe they updated a lot under the hood. with "NEW! Improved performance" I 'll have to check it out.

11. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Yeah I've got to test it too.
    Ara 2 isn't even implemented yet apparently. Sucks.

• List
  12. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

is this a joke?
    this isn't even close to a fill number version..
    tut.. i was hoping for more but maybe that's my lot with samplitude...

13. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

I´m user of Samplitude time ago.

And after testing, I can say is the worst version I´ve ever tried.

Plugins manager, a disaster. Many of them (all present in Pro X3, over 600 between instruments and effects) simply disappear.

Only testing some plugins, when I loaded Nexus all libraries from Nexus were gone. Appeared Nexus gui empty. I had to uninstall twice (till I did it with Revo) and download a different version from Torrent site. Then worked again and menu appeared again.

It´s the first time I back to a SAM previous version.

Support for 32 cores? Don´t make me laugh. DAWs need RAM, not 50.000 cores. Load 2 Kontakt libraries with HZP. 2.8 GB. 2 Emotional Cello, 1.8 GB. Purge samples, 0.8 GB for first, 0.6 Gb for second. Add load Kontakt memory = 2.5 GB.
    And would be nice somebody will say me where are those 17 virtual instruments. If they are mentioning Vita, it´s 24 instruments, already available in previous versions. And Independence full (70 GB) too.

Happy to back to Pro X3 Suite.

• List
  14. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

whoo.. happy days at MAGIX hq...
    as feature packed as Acid Pro...
    : (

15. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

celtic3342 thats because samplitude uses steinberg vst3 plugs as the default and not your normal vst2 its a easy fix and this Newversion is insanely Good i would recomend another try mate :wink:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

I have been enjoying it so far. There seems to be some quite improvements to cpu & memory handling.
    Engine sound more defined. Internal Analog Suite much smoother now. Possible improved headroom also.

Pro Tools crashed (not unloading) while setting up & assiging custom multi-outs with SD3 playing groove. SamProX4 just chugged along.

Have decided not to install the latest S14 at this point.

Next patch(es) to Samplitude supposed adding more features from customer wish list.

17. Blue

Blue Audiosexual

Really I'm not impressed with this new version.
    I tried Samplitude yeeeeaaaars ago and today almost everything is the same.Its workflow is a calamity,everything is difficult with thousands icons everywhere that don't mean nothing.And like if it wasn't enough they add some things like "midi fx related" features(which can be cool but not in an already overloaded GUI like Samplitude).
    Seriously,good luck for the newbie who want to learn music and who don't know DAWs yet!
    On the different snapshots I haven't seen the "Bézier's curves" for the automations,either.
    I wonder why their devs are paid for.

I think Magix go in the wrong direction.Todays software design go to minimalism,clean,efficiency,improved speed.Samplitude is the opposite.
    And they sell it 599$(or 399$,I don't know the differences between the two versions),(one of) the most expensive of the market's DAWs.

I don't think it's a wise choice.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. au38wzh

au38wzh Platinum Record

A year ago I got Samplitude Pro X3 Suite for almost half ot the price MAGIX wants now for the upgrade to Pro X4 Suite.
    I think I will wait and stay with X3 - :dunno:

19. peghead

peghead Producer

CPU usage on average project (mostly audio, no midi) went from 80/90% using X3 to 30/35% using X4.
    'Nuff said :)

• List
  20. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

PT12.5_SamProX4.png
    A visual comparison using the same project setup in Pro Tools 12.5 & Samplitude Pro X4.

Drums & synth bass 2 bar loop.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  21. PlzNo

PlzNo Ultrasonic

Oh wow I remember working with their cheap/free (?) "Silver" Version back when I started my first steps in recording.

Good to see this is actually still around, sadly I already went with Studio One for now :/