Samplitude Pro X2: what is (really) new ?

Discussion in 'DAW' started by Bonogoss, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Bonogoss

Bonogoss Newbie

Hi All,

this is the place where people can talk about there own experience about Samplitue Pro X2. I did not really try it already, just have time to see that its not a revolution and its good (because Samplitude rolls already) ! So if anybody have tried it, I'll appreciate comments.

BTW, is there any chance we have a special "sub" place for Samplitude as over DAWs ??? I know a lot of great active members using it ...

3. quadcore64

quadcore64 Audiosexual

The update mainly adresses issues that some people are having along with a few added or updated feattures.

Used Samplitude back in the Logic 5 era when it was owned by Sek'd. Did not like what Magix was doing with it until recently.
    So far it's been much more solid that Cubase and Reaper. Sonar has gone to the dogs for now. Protools has has stability and credibilty issues.

If you are really curious, just give it a test drive. Try recreating a project already on the go or start for and seem what becomes of it.

My one major wish so far is better plugin management. Being able to list more than one directory at a time to ensure proper scanning and loading.

It's native plugins actually do are very good job processing audio. There is also a much richer tone to audio compared to other DAWs.

The only other DAWs I'm curios about are Digital Performer (a resource hog) and Logic as it is now. Just don't want to by a Mac just to use Logic>

Hope my to cents helps...

4. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Rock Star

You can have both installed nothing will be missed on the old samplitude as X2 will be installed in program files dir instead of program files (x86) as the old one so give it a try

5. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Not sure exactly what you're getting at, but if you just mean you want to draw plugs from more than one folder you're in luck.

It "remembers" what folders you've put in. If you've told it to scan in VSTPlugins it always will, and then you can tell it to scan in VST2 and it will keep the original folder and scan that one too.

The real problem is that if you need to get rid of a folder, you have to go into the .cfg files and either manually remove them or delete the pref files and recreate your preferences.