Samplitude: PPQN setting and Beatbox2

Discussion in 'Samplitude' started by au38wzh, Jun 4, 2016.

1. au38wzh

au38wzh Platinum Record

1. I'd like to use VProm (aly james lab) within Samplitude Pro X2.
    It's mentioned to change PPQN-setting to 48PPQN, but I can't find the PPQN-setting in Samplitude.
    From aly james lab:
    "It was not necessary to model the original sequencer because regardless of all the urban legends about it, it is mainly a 48PPQN (pulse per quarter note) resolution thing. Modern DAWs features a finer resolution usually around 960PPQN or higher, this simply means that the same beat with some swing will not groove exactly the same at 960 or 48PPQN... An easy thing to do is to export your beat in MIDI a 48PPQN and import it back"

2. I'd like to use BEATBOX 2 for programming VProm, but I can't find it. Is it included on 'sistersite' Samplitude Pro X2?

Thanks for any help!

3. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Best Answer
    Hi @au38wzh
    PPQ is in the setting of you project. Projet properties, snap and grid setup.
    For Beatbox 2 you have to install the additional content called "Samplitude_Pro_X2_Suite_ObjectSynth", it's not a vsti it's what they call an obect synth and it's really cool. Once installed (you can dowload it from samplitude in download instruments and sound), to put one on a track just follow the screenshot above. You can have them on any tracks, the vsti is in the object, it's really cool. But I don't know if you can use it to drive another vsti though. I've never tried.
    [​IMG]

4. au38wzh

au38wzh Platinum Record

@Talmi Once again: Thank you very much! You're great! Taking your time answering my questions and if it's not enough you also take the time to make a short 'video' for better understanding! Wow, absolutely great! :bow::wink:
    Unfortunately I have already more questions...
    - How do you make those short 'videos'?
    - I'm not online with my music computer. Do you have an idea how to get those object-synth? Maybe I can install Samp demo on my internet pc and download it. Then transfer these object-synth to Samp on my music pc?
    and the last one for today..
    - what skin do you have? It looks very nice!

Thanks again and have a great weekend! :wink:

5. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

No problem @au38wzh , I like to help when I'm able to, and I know screenshots or videos make things clearer than written explanations. The skin is part of the Birdline skin pack. Those gif that I make are made through a freebie by cockos called LICEcap (http://www.cockos.com/licecap/), I've just discovered it, it's pretty usefull.
    For your 2nd concern, check your pm in 10 minutes.
    Have a great week end too ! :wink:

6. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Another request for the object-synth too, if you could so kindly take the time. :)

7. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Sure, check your pm.