Samplitude forum at AudioSEX

Discussion in 'Samplitude' started by Cav Emp, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Talmi

Talmi Audiosexual

Hi Olymoon,

I have a focusrite myself (although a Saffire), and if I can confirm that the drivers can be problematics (I had issues with the MPC software solved since driver update by focusrite and I still have some with geist in stand alone if I change buffer size during a session), but it's not the case with Samplitude who handles them good.
    But I did have tones of problems with one specific update from a few month back of Samplitude (13.1.170 or 174 I think) which happens to be the one you start from if you download the latest version online (it's after you have done the updating from samplitude that you actually get the latest Samplitude which is 205, but you have to apply tracer's magic before updating). I just couldn't run it anymore, a nightmare, but the update fixed my troubles...
    Maybe it'll work for you...

2. BBSiteUser

BBSiteUser Producer

Sticking with what works, that's always the smartest solution. I know what you mean, when you say you miss one or the other feature. Me, doing a lot of classical score work I really enjoy this feature of Samplitude and also: the MIDI editor that allows for alteration of various note-properties trough various hotkeys+mouse.

with power supplies it is the same as with those tiny computer speakers and their PMPO-"wattage". Enermax, beQuiet ... never needed anything above 500W even for the fattest of rigs.

But actually, I might go your way too and join the "Reaper-istas". Its so much value for the money and I've lost 2 years long ago already waiting on the once announced OSX-version of Samplitude.

3. BBSiteUser

BBSiteUser Producer

I can confirm BSOD with Samplitude Pro X2 upon application-exit on a test machine here as well (w7/64). After checking 2 different interfaces with the same results (blue screen upon exit; and ONLY upon exit) I didn't poke into the matter as I didn't like the new toolbar handling anyway, and while we are gathered round the table of Samplitudians: There wasn't actually anything new in X2 that would have made my wallet jump out right quick :)

4. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Yes that's one of the reason I didn't even thought of buying Samplitude, it's too stagnant, the evolution is extremely slow. BTW, one of the thing I always do, before buying anything, is to look at their forum to see the actual customer service, and this either gave me the will to buy it.

About the new update, I would like to try, but I'm not really ready to loose another HD ...
    So when I'll have time, I'll try on another less important computer.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2016