SampleTron 1 Import

Discussion in 'Software' started by SirGigantor, Aug 5, 2023.

1. SirGigantor

SirGigantor Ultrasonic

Hello,

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever gotten something to import into SampleTron 1? SampleTron 2 has the option, but there's only a Mac version of it on sister site.

Chicken Systems and Extreme Sample Converter can both convert to Sampletank Formats, which gives the three basic file types needed, although it lacks the .STIP, so it seems like SampleTron 1 should load them, however it just says they're not a Sampletron Instrument.

It would be really convenient to be able to convert other stuff, SFZs, SF2, then import them to get a Tron type instrument.

I'm aware that Arturia's Mellotron has the ability to import, but it's kind of weird and almost like it's tacked on as an after thought.

Their Mello-Fi Plugin might work, I have to look into it, but it's odd because it obviously can make a Tron type sound, but just lacks straightforward presets for it, i.e. you'd think it would just have a set of them like "Mellotron, Chamberlin, Orchestron, etc . . . "

It would just be much more convenient to be able to convert and load in SampleTron, and it seems like it should be doable . . . If anyone knows, please let me know.

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

you are like a crate-digger of software. :). But conversely, there is no mac sister site version of Sampletron1. It's also not part of Syntronik.

The Arturia Tape Mello-Fi is a pretty nice effects plugin. Have you tried the Gforce mtron? https://www.gforcesoftware.com/products/m-tron-pro-iv/. There is recent sister release of this, but I do not see the newer library uploaded, if it is any different. the 8gb r2r release is v3.0 but loads into v4.

4. SirGigantor

SirGigantor Ultrasonic

The M-Tron only plays. I like the idea of importing stuff, since I've been figuring out how to use Sample Robot, sometimes I find stuff that would just sound good like as a Mellotron or other Tron like instrument.

The Arturia Mello-Fi probably can do what I want, it's just going to require more screwing around with it than you'd want. You'd think there would just be presets for exactly a Mellotron or so on, but it's all kinds of other presets for different sounds.

If there were some way to convert .SFZ or .SF2 to .CPT2 for Gforce M-Tron, that might also work, but if there is, I've yet to be able to find it.