Sampletank Expansion Platinum to Sampletank 3

Discussion in 'Software' started by celtic3342, Sep 24, 2016.

1. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

Hi everybody.

I´m reinstalling all my soft and it´s the turn for Sampletank 3. In this case, version 3.6.3. Plugin is installed, Sound Content too, but I had an old expansion called Sampletank Expansion Platinum. 36 groups of sounds. After add one of these expansions to the Instruments subfolder of Sound Content, I see the expansion added to the general tab of Sampletank, but when I want to open instruments, I find these are in format STH or STV, and watching the native instruments for Sampletank 3 these instruments are in format S3TI.
    So Sampletank shows the group of instruments but doesn´t read the instruments one by one. It doesn´t show nothing.
    Is there any way to convert these instruments to a format recognized by Sampletank? It´s not my favourite sampler, but it´s 39 GB. I´d like to use it. Or any other procedure, I´m new on Sampletank, my usual sampler is Kontakt.

Thank you.

3. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

i recommend to read the manual , Sampletank v2 formats needs to be imported into ST3 and ST3 converts it automatically to the new ST3 Format .

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. LV4-26

LV4-26 Guest

Are you a collector of libraries? You have so much. What do you do with all this stuff?

5. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

And where is that manual?

6. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

Only from Kontakt as you know, but I was reinstalling Sampletank 3 (I need it for one project) and I didn´t know I had that Expansion. And if that expansion is 39GB, I think it´s something interesting for adding to the Soud Content folder.

I collect that stuff. 17 HDD. It´s my hobby. When I have a sound in my head, like in the case of Encore une fois, I don´t like not no find that sound and have to look for a different sound for recording my projects.

7. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

is this a joke for real ? the first thing what i would do are look into the installations folder and or would search on the web and also eventually look on the developer site if you can´t find the manual .

8. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Go to the 'Play' Page and click on the 'four horizontal lines' to the left of the 'info' button. Here you can add samples or the legacy collection of instruments such as your platinum collection.

9. LV4-26

LV4-26 Guest

:woot: Whaoh man

10. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

Yes TinTin it is a GREAT JOKE. It´s evident you have not that expansion, because when you READ the manuals existing on the expansion for EVERY INSTRUMENT, the instructions are refered to the installation of libraries on SAMPLETANK 2. Do yo know the number 2? And the number 3? The installation is completely different. In Sampletank 2 is created a subfolder named \STInstruments in \Program Files\Sampletank2 who doesn´t exist on Sampletank 3. Due to this, all the instructions are unuseful for this new version. Do you think if I hadn´t read the instructions and not to see any solution to this I would have opened a new thread for asking to people who know more than me?

A joke is your reply guy.

And thanks to Sylenth for a reasonable reply.

11. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

i know more as you can think off .

at least i know where to find manuals you seems to be not have the knowledge , not even an simple search on google .

just watch IK Multimedias own tutorial how to import Sampletank 2 legacy Content into Sampletank 3 .

12. celtic3342

celtic3342 Audiosexual

This is yes a really great joke.

13. TinTin

TinTin Platinum Record

definetly not a joke

14. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

You're very welcome. Also, I forgot to mention.

I cant remember if you need to install Sampletank 2, or just place the instruments on your computer. However, once the instruments have been imported to ST3 and the database updated (This can take a while with several legacy instruments) You can then remove the initial ST2 folder, as all instruments will now be in ST3 format in its own directory.