SampleTank 4 Max Content (missing samples)

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by deaman, Oct 9, 2023.

1. deaman

deaman Ultrasonic

Downloaded and installed Win 11.

Works.

However, there are a bunch of missing Samples from the Guitar Samples Folder to the Woodwinds Samples Folder, and everything in between, that are EMPTY. Nothing in them.

Used Win Rar, and then tried 7Zip, to see if it would help. Same thing. Empty sample folders.

Has anyone run into this, or noticed and solved?

Thanks, in advance!

3. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Assume you're referring to the final installed result - re: no samples in guit dir to WW's dir? The ST4 factory content is around 95GB compressed and around 175GB when installed. If the size of the package you got was not at least 95GB, you probably got a bad copy or incomplete DL...

4. deaman

deaman Ultrasonic

It does show 95GB

I also note that the effects presets, strumming, etc., folders are empty as well.

I am re-downloading from sister site, and from a torrent site. The torrent site d/l shows 95GB, too, and looks exactly the same as the original download.

Will report back as soon as I unpack.

5. deaman

deaman Ultrasonic

Got the same package from a different site and found the same thing.

No samples in the Loops Samples Folder, all the way to the Woodwinds Samples Folder. Everything before those sample folders if fine.

An anyone who installed this confirm, please.

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

I haven't installed. You are using something like IK Multimedia SampleTank 4 MAX Sound Content v1.5.0. NUMBER : R2R-8491 ?

There are other comments saying it is missing content. Examples of missing: London grooves. orchestral percussion. future synths. art deco piano. terry bozzio drums. hugh paghdan drums.

It appears many of those were uploaded separately, later. I have never liked this sampler and have no desire to install it.

7. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

confirm no such issues... installed it a few months back and all default content was working/accounted for - no empty folders. It might be mislabeled?
    All the stuff marked "Sampletank 4 (new instruments)" on this list https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/include/st4/soundlist/SampleTank_4_Instruments.pdf makes up the ST4 factory content (sans any previous versions). Folks expecting to see the Bozio, padgham, etc, were jumping the gun a bit because that stuff is not part of the default factory content it's part of the "MAX" package which is way larger in size. The "max" package as far as I know was never released in full. There are only pieces/parts of it available...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
  8. deaman

deaman Ultrasonic

Thank you both for answering. Appreciate the list of missing items.

Is there a definitive list somewhere, of what is missing?

9. deaman

deaman Ultrasonic

Deleted the whole enchilada.