Samples played back late, delayed in KONTAKT 5. midi latency ???

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kingvrage, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Kingvrage

Kingvrage Kapellmeister

I've sampled some of my favorite drums for the purpose of remapping the midi since the libraries I love have the midi map locked. the samples turned out great, but when played back through kontakt they are triggered super late. any fix for this? I sampled a kit in heavyocity damage to use with drum tracks I made with superior drummer, I've even gone to the trouble of recreating the drum beat specifically for damage and paired my sampled library against it and it plays it's 1st hit just as damage finishes playing it's 1st hit. tried in FL studio, Studio One and Adobe Audition with the same results.

3. Cudo

Cudo Kapellmeister

Don't know what the problem is, but I would give the MIDI track a retrograde value so it plays early. You will just need to experiment to line them up.

4. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

check what sample rate they were recorded in, and the rate of your system, the other day i was having havoc in timing and then discovered the soundcard had changed the sample rate. most other stuff worked but the samples were off. check, just to be sure

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  5. Kingvrage

Kingvrage Kapellmeister

how do i give the midi a retrograde value?

6. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

You can also just select the MIDI track playing back late and move the entire thing earlier by a few ticks until both tracks sound lined up. I have no idea what DAW you're using, so I don't know how you would specifically do this.

Also, you created a MIDI track in Superior Drummer and now, the MIDI notes are playing differently when mapped to Kontakt? Make sure the "humanization" button is turned off in Superior Drummer. It's usually on by default.

7. Cudo

Cudo Kapellmeister

In Sonar you can give each MIDI track an offset value with the time slider. ( + and - ) which makes the MIDI play either early or late. I'm guessing one of your DAWs will have a similar feature.

8. HeklaCF63

HeklaCF63 Guest

I get this with Kontakt when first opening a song. It plays all out of time for a few bars then corrects it's self.

9. Kingvrage

Kingvrage Kapellmeister

Well there is no difference between the midi tracks. I wouldn't even be doing all this if Damage had the option of remapping.

10. Bill Vkerchi?

Bill Vkerchi? Kapellmeister

Did you crop them alright? Maybe silences before the actual hits?
    Yup same. Happens when dealing with big multisampled libraries.

11. Kingvrage

Kingvrage Kapellmeister

I had no cropping option before I exported them

12. G String

G String Rock Star

look in the audio editor of Kontakt with a single zone (single note) selected and see if there's some silence at the start of the sample. [you can edit in there too?] Try a regular one shot in its place.

13. Kingvrage

Kingvrage Kapellmeister

Nope. doesn't work.

14. G String

G String Rock Star

What doesn't work? A one shot? The wave editor in Kontakt?

If I load up Kontakt, press edit, drag a sample onto a zone, it plays as soon as I hit a key or trigger it with midi.

It does work.

Your samples likely have silence at the start.

Do other sounds/libraries work properly in Kontakt?

15. Kingvrage

Kingvrage Kapellmeister

The audio editor in Kontakt doesn't work. I have all these samples and they continue to trigger late. I can't set the midi to trigger any earlier tha the beginning of the song, Im tempted to sell my license and just go hardware.

16. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Again: Do your other Kontakt libs work correctly? Or is it with every Kontakt instrument you load?
    In Kontakt, go to Mapping Editor and start playing your midi loop. You will see tiny red lines where the midi data comes into Kontakt. Now watch for the red line that plays late, then double-click on that sample to open the Kontakt Wave Editor and see if there's some silence at the beginning of the sample - if so, move the sample start marker to the right just a small bit before the actual sampled sound starts.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  17. David-93

David-93 Newbie

Check KONTAKT ADSR Enve lope And Maybe You Active Release Trigger On if this switch on when you hold any key or note doesn't work but when you left key its work.. this option for cinematic instrument like strings and brass Perfectly work but for Drums I Don't think !! And One Tips Try Make Samples With Cubase Groove Agent to See Latency ... Good Luck

18. Kingvrage

Kingvrage Kapellmeister

other libs work fine. its just any outside samples are late.

19. David-93

David-93 Newbie

Well :deep_facepalm: Can you Send Me The Audio Samples To Work with that:trolls:

20. Kingvrage

Kingvrage Kapellmeister

I sure can, you got an email?