Samples having even volume at different velocities[Solved]

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by drdark2, Apr 11, 2014.

1. drdark2

drdark2 Guest

This is referring to the latest issue with Xsample Chamber Ensemble DE Library, although I have had these problems before; instruments have more than one dynamic layer, and nothing is responding to different velocities, not in Kontakt not being read from a midi file in DAW. Also resaving instruments does not change anything.
    Is there a workaround or some trick to resolve this?
    P. S. - I know Kontakt Guru is busy, so I am hoping Andrew is not...

3. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

What you mean by "nothing is responding to different velocities"? Are you sure the samples are triggered by velocity, e.g. not crossfaded with modwheel?

4. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

No worries i'm still around in fact it's friday :break: :grooves:

Yes, these samples are triggered by velocity, i just tested it with reaper & FL and they both responded to midi velocity mappings

EDit Yes, Adrew some instruments also react to the modwheel i only loaded 3 patches and they not controlled from the mod-wheel upon further inspection

@drdark2
    Which daw are you using and what version of kontakt and 32/64bit is it?

5. drdark2

drdark2 Guest

DAW: Cubase 5.1.2 AiR, Kontakt; 5.3.1 R2R (exe 64bit, plugin 32bit).
    Can you tell me if you know of this problem generally?

I have just tested it in Presonus Studio One 2.6 (cracked) and the result is the same.
    I cannot remember what was or were the instruments which had this problem already, but I don't think I am using them anymore.
    Btw, should I feel awkward when they ask me about my software and I'm forced to reveal it is all cracked? *no*

6. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

It's not generally a problem, it mainly has to do with the Midi setting between your Daw & Kontakt like for instance to get the pitch blend to work in kontakt correctly in FL i have to set my keyboard to midi 1 open kontakt click on the gear icon(instrument options) and set the midi in/out to 1

Edit:
    Also to test and view, what velocity levels are being hit at in kontakt:

load the kontakt instrument
    click on the wrench button
    click the Mapping editor Tab
    Play notes and you will see the levels in red

7. drdark2

drdark2 Guest

I did not say it was generally a problem, I asked if you knew of such problem from former, general, experience. Again, you are asking me to disclose embarrassing
    factors I am dealing with; I do not have a velocity sensitive keyboard; I can only do the following: press different parts of the visual keyboard on Kontakt interface (with the mouse), which, on all other instruments I have (and I have them all) results in different velocities/volumes of the output sound; second, draw different velocities in midi editor, which I have tried both in Cubase and Studio One; all other instruments respond to these factors, this one doesn't.

Yes, I have tried the mapping editor, and it is showing red dot hitting different parts of the samples when I am pressing the visual keyboard (both in Kontakt main keyboard and in mapping editor keyboard) with the mouse; the instrument I have tried has three sample layers (bassethorn), but I have quickly tried others, and they don't work either.
    The reason for this question is mainly because this library features rare instruments; basset horn, bass trumpet and oboe'd'amore, which I cannot find in any other library; I have even posted an extraction of these instruments from this library on AudioZ, but only later found them not working in this sense.

8. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

we can take to pm if you like

9. drdark2

drdark2 Guest

Hey! Andrew was right! It is controlled by mod wheel!
    Solved!!!
    It is probably explained in the manual, which I have taken a look at, but this is a typical example of; read the manual, you idiot!
    What can you do, not everyone's perfect...