Sampler for Mac?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Highdom, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Highdom

Highdom Kapellmeister

Hi guys, i'm on mac and i usually use logic and ableton. I'm searching for good Sampler plugin so that I can import samples to its and change having fun with MIDI to make loops and melody.
    Any ideas? something like Kontakt or EXS 24, but something lighter in ram usage if possible. 64-bit plugins is better for me, but also 32

My objective is creating snare/percussive build ups easily and quickly

Thanks!

3. Pollice verso

Pollice verso Rock Star

Tal Sampler or new sonic arts vice for slicing

4. Iggy

Iggy Rock Star

I personally use Kontakt, but there's UVI, which I believe is a bit lighter on RAM, SampleTank 3 and Mach5. There's also Nanosampler, a super-streamlined version of Mach5 (you literally just drop .wav files onto it and start playing), which is what I use when I need to trigger samples in a hurry, but it's unfortunately bundled with Digital Performer.

5. ClaudeBalls

ClaudeBalls Producer

Check out a demo of Nuance from Newsonicarts:

http://www.newsonicarts.com/html/nuance.php

It is lightweight, easy to use and has a lot of graceful features. Relatively low cost.

Kontakt is probably the best idea for an investment. You get much much more for the money than any other platform. Access to 1000s of libraries and very easy editing make it the standard.

Falcon UVI is also worth a look, it sounds the best and has a unique set of tools that no one else can compete with. It is also on sale right now. A rarity. Not a large library of sounds available but a great platform for creating your own sounds.

6. recycle

recycle Guest

In Ableton (instruments folder) there are 2 different types: Simpler and Sampler

7. Cashmeere

Cashmeere Guest

Simpler or Sampler has everything you need