sample

Discussion in 'Logic' started by marcothatsall, Dec 12, 2015.

1. marcothatsall

marcothatsall Noisemaker

Hey Ive been trynna figure how to sample like this where u can slightly hear the sample in the back with some cool effects on with it. here are a couple of songs with examples

starting at 2:36 and heres one more

3. Levitate

Levitate Producer

The Drake one is sampling Jodeci,sick how they processed it though.

It's from this...

1:34-1:38 (which is pretty crazy it's at about the same time in the Drake song) The first time it plays the pitch changes while it's playing but the speed doesn't.

I have no idea how they are processing it but... You can hear lil pieces of it sprinkled throughout,like the lead in the beginning. It's not surprising really. Devante Swing (The guy that made most of Jodeci's stuff) had some cool leads on that album.He was a great R&B producer.My personal favorite from the early 90's. Definitely sample worthy.

Not sure any of this helps but... Sounds like it's pitched up & a low pass filter on parts and something else.Some parts and pieces sound reversed too.

I'd say chop up some 90's R&B vocals (especially if you can find accapella versions) in audacity,wavelab,or soundforge,into small parts or phrases and 1 to 8 bar pieces,(Optional depending on how long you want the parts) then throw them in a sampler that will map to time and throw a low pass on it and turn the cutoff down till it sounds how you like it.

It muffles it out and makes it fade into the background like a melody. That's what it sounds like to me in the other 2 songs too,I just don't know where those samples are from...

I'd bet Baxter could tell ya how it's being processed,he has a good ear for things like that.

Also sorry for editing so much if you were reading this before I added stuff.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  4. Hades

Hades Kapellmeister