sample rate on saffire mix control

Discussion in 'Studio' started by funkman, Jun 13, 2024.

1. funkman

funkman Ultrasonic

hi,i am unable to change sample rate in mix control from 96 KHz. the dropdown arrow dosent do anything.
    i loked into it,and i can change sample rate to 44 in windows sound settings.,but saffire then changes to 44 for few seconds and then revertsto 96.
    i restarted windows and now i dont have the option in windows sound settings to change to 44,only the 96 options are there.
    just another thing to stress me out! hehe

3. funkman

funkman Ultrasonic

ok update,i changed project setup in cubase to 44,and closed cubase,and in mix control it is now at 44.
    but i have definetly changed project setup to 44 before and it seems to go to 96 without me changing back.
    although i have reopened cubase now and project setup is at 44.
    will keep an eye on it.
    the reason this came to my attention again is because i dragged a loop to project in cubase and it asked did i wantto change saple rate of loop to 96,when i said yes the loop plays back at higher pitch

4. Haze

Haze Platinum Record

Some additional information would be useful.

Saffire mix control works with several different interfaces, which one are you using?

What operating system are you running? To my knowledge Saffire interfaces do not work with W10 so I assume you're using W7 or some type of MAC.

5. funkman

funkman Ultrasonic

hi,windows 10,saffire pro 24
    i know there are issues with the interface not being supported,but it works when i use the legacy drivers for windows.

6. Haze

Haze Platinum Record

Ah, the driver hack. I have read there can be issues with the software under W10.

There's also similar issues with some other brands interfaces not being able to change sample rate, or being able to change rate but the output being silenced, with the W10 sound settings, even when they are supported.

So long as you can change rate within Cubase you'll probably be ok. It's likely that mix control is unable to communicate correctly with Windows sound and that Windows is forcing it to reset to defaults. As far as I'm aware, ASIO enabled software like Cubase will take control of the ASIO system directly.

I run dual Saffire Pro 40s on an old W7 machine and never tried running them on W10 due to the driver issues. Interesting to see that you have the Pro 24 working(ish).