Sample packs....

Discussion in 'Software' started by Raddler777, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Raddler777

Raddler777 Kapellmeister

In no way is this a request, but rather a curious observation. Is it me, or have sample packs seem to have vanished? Seems there used to be so much more uploaded content, like a quality pack per day. I gave this some thought and realized that perhaps the whole "try before you buy" doesn't really work with sample packs, might be a reason for the slower activity and a new perspective on the fairness of sharing samples. Anyways, kinda nice to not add another hi hat to my existing gazillion.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  3. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

One supplier = 13 sample packs in 2 days and there are more from others ... is it what you call vanish?

4. Raddler777

Raddler777 Kapellmeister

You are right. On an average though, It just seemed that lately it hasn't been as much as I remember a year ago or so. Vanish was probably a bit exaggerated.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
  5. relexted

relexted Kapellmeister

Vanished is the correct word, We're like :wtf:

6. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

It's possible, I dont pay much attention to sample packs as I dont use them, so here are some genuine question - no pun - is there not enough packs actually, or not enough quality sample packs, or are you wishing specific genre? ... What do you miss aside of quantity ?

7. Retrolize77

Retrolize77 Audiosexual

In my opinion, the biggest error one could do (i know cause i kind of did it before) is to get into the ‚DL Tunnel‘, to stockpile all that stuff.
    If u got lets say 20 drum sample packs, i realized i can sort out 10 immediately, 8 sounds ok, but i never use em, so lets stick with the 2 best, and i mostly got only 1 in steady use.
    If its about electronic music, the Niche Deep Techno Collection is my go to, The Wavealchemy Drumtools 2 seems to be great as well.
    If you like Boombap, get Marco Polo / Jake One samplepacks , for modern stuff check Illminds stuff. I know no1 asked me bout that but just if some1 cares, and to prove a point. Many people doin great work in here & sistersite, no need 4 greed!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018