Sample Packs

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by relexted, Aug 4, 2018.

1. relexted

relexted Producer

Hi guys,
    Where do you get your sample packs from these days?
    I was used to lots of shared packs on the sister site, but it's like (almost) nothing is shared anymore? Apart from some free packs and SampleMagics, there's nothing new lately. Have I missed the news?

3. relexted

relexted Producer

I'm mostly looking for techno and house packs. I'd appreciate suggestions for alternative sites. :wink:

4. mono

mono Audiosexual

@relexted

Maybe just about everything good is shared.
    The best packs are still the old ones no mess :yes:

5. relexted

relexted Producer

True, but I suffer from the gear/plugin/samples/woman/records acquisition syndrome..
    And without the samples I don't get my fix :unsure:

6. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

No matter what genre of music you make, I have to agree with momo, for the most part. I end up finding new and unique ways of reusing drum and sample packs, whether its layering, adding effects, or just the way the audio sit in a track, more than I do using new packs. There are exceptions, but the old packs aren't outdated (well, if they're from when samples still came on CDs, they may be a bit outdated. :rofl: )
    As for alternate sites, there honestly aren't many that don't make you pay some sort of fee to be a member of their sub-par "community," plus, I have been on damn-near every "sharing" site and most of them kype their uploads from AudioSex's sister site, so you're not going to see some avalache of new packs when you go to other sites. I would also encourage you to try making your own samples, but no one wants to hear that.
    The best advice that I can give you is to track down the Mega Sample packs on VSTorrent (which recently relocated to samplestorrent dot com, and it's 100% free,) or search out packs on BTDigg. There are always packs that never make it to any upload site, yet have various torrents floating around the web.
    Good luck. :shalom:

7. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

the usual advice.. ? seek professional help :wink:

8. eXACT_Beats_

eXACT_Beats_ Rock Star

Also, if you have an acquisition syndrome that involves fixes, I highly recommend trying a new drug that all the hip and with-it kids are doing nowadays called "Cocaine." Thank me later....:hahaha: