Sample Modeling errors on Kontakt

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by swing, Nov 8, 2013.

1. swing

swing Newbie

Hi there. I know this topics sometimes are a pain in the ass for the more experienced, but after trying some solutions found in this great site I can´t make this work, and I´m a little rushed (I want to find a solution for working in my contribution for the album this weekend, I´m a little out of time during the rest of the days and time is passing fast, deadline is coming). I´m going to try to put this concise:

- I´m on FL, using Kontakt. I want to replace some solo crappy brass soundfonts with Sample Modeling´s ones (I think they sound nice and not too orchestral-cinematic-huge, I want a more dry/solo-simple phrases or sound details added to the song, with better instruments).

- I installed the libraries and updated my database.
    - I know some libraries won´t load if you don´t make it manually by the browser. When I do it I get the message: "this patch is encrypted and cannot be loaded..."

- If I go with add library I get "No library found" or "Could not add.." message.
    - Instruments are shown in my database and were created with an earlier Kontakt version so isn´t a compatibility problem (attached image).
    - If it´s posible, I would prefer to not change my Kontakt version, I reinstalled 5.1 last week because other issues.
    - I checked rar files and folder structure and everything seems to be right. .nkc and .nkx are there. No major installing data on the nfo.

- I´m not an advanced Kontakt user so maybe I´m missing some stupid point (sorry). I´ve no idea about how to tweak registers so I´m gonna need some light here if some manual changes are needed for this specific sounds.

Thanks in advance guys.

**I´m still reading other topics and trying to figure out how to resolve this and don´t get anybody mad here, if I success I´ll delete or edit this topic.

Attached Files:

3. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro

Hi carl,
    could you check the size of French Horn and Tuba_info.nkx if it's not zero?

4. swing

swing Newbie

Hi Andrew.
    French Horn and Tuba_info.nkx is 71,0 KB.
    French Horn and Tuba_info.nkc is 604 bytes.

Same is happening with The Trombone libraries. Maybe it´s something tricky with Sample Modeling´s stuff.

5. 0on3

0on3 Guest

After opening kontakt , open your browser tab. Then 'load' the nkr , or nkm ,
    ('shit I can never remember which' .... :unsure: );
    anyway .... hit the tab to add it to you library and it should load right up for ya.

Now , you may have to initalize the 'cc'-message/operator , even afer you load it to kontakt.
    If your using a keyboard (hardware) controller ; usually , all you need to do is move
    Your pitch/wheel controller on the keyboard.

If your using your PC/Mac keyboard-mouse , you need to hit the 'tab' cc message in the
    GUI of the loaded kontakt file.

Hope this werx for ya !!

good luck !

- 0:1 -

6. swing

swing Newbie

Hi Oon3. Finally I made it, in a ridiculous way.
    I found a "solution" using Kontakt in 'modo stalone' (LOL, not too reliable but you have to try everything out there and be persistent).

**(I couldn´t load nkr/nkm, by the way...)

I leave the 'solution', maybe it´s useful for others:

- I opened Kontakt in standalone.
    - Tried to load the library > Error.
    - Close Kontakt.
    - Open Kontakt again.
    - Load library > Library/Service Center message appears > Ok
    - Writing Error appears > Close.
    - Library is loaded now :dunno:
    - Kontakt in FL also shown the libraries.

I don´t own a controller, so now I´ve to figure out what to do with the CC11 warning, but at least I loaded something. If you know something about it´ll be appreciated.

Attached Files:

7. swing

swing Newbie

Well, with some patience I can draw the midi CCs events in a FL Midi Out and get everything working.
    It took some time but problem solved :thumbsup:
    I´m gonna make some noise this weekend.

8. jayhind

jayhind Ultrasonic

I use SM stuff a lot, most of the time I just push CC11 to max and leave it at that unless I am writing something other than unison sustain and stacatto riffs.

9. swing

swing Newbie

Yes, I´m exploring CC11 expresiveness with some sustained phrases for a song.
    Sadly, I can assign the Performance Keys or the extra modulators (those around C-1/-2) to my FL Midi Outs but they don´t work and I don´t know why yet, but for now I can write what I was looking for, learn the instrument and give a next step in this composition.

10. 0on3

0on3 Guest

'Good for you CARL !!!!

Its nice when ya'z get to 'win' once in awhile , aint it !!

Rock on broth'a !

- 0:1 -

11. oldskoolproductions

oldskoolproductions Producer

You need to have the " .nicnt " File to add a library..

eg: Voice of Gaia Strawberry.nicnt

If you dont have the file extention... then you have to manually load instruments from the Kontakt Brower..

I hope this helps..