Sample/Loop Library Organiser for PC?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Remi, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Remi

Remi Member

Hello all,

I asked a similar question a good while back but I can't find the old thread. Besides, things have changed.

I have never found an ideal Sound Library Organiser for the PC (I saw some great ones for Mac). There is MediaMonkey, but it is multi-purpose, whereas I saw some dedicated samples/Loops managers for the Mac.

What I would like to achieve is organising my entire library of Loops and samples, so that they can be filtered and retrieved easily by tags or equivalent. I would also like to audition a whole search results playlist. I don't really need to organise my music library. It's a nice plus but but the samples and loops have priority so I don't want an organiser whose primary role is categorising music albums using mp3 tags etc if it gets in the way.

I use the FL Studio browser right now, because auditioning stuff is great and it's convenient to drag and drop into the DAW, but it gets way to crowded to keep my many teras of loops and samples organised at once (most are on external hard disks).

I have also used XoTo on occasion, which is a fun way to organise drum samples and I like the AI for visualising where similar sounds are located and auditioning them on the fly. But it does not apply to non-percussive samples and of course not to loops either.

So I would welcome your comments and suggestions once again, particularly if you recommend something you use personally in your own workflow.

PC only please. I may ask the question again when I can afford a Mac though.

Thanks a lot.

3. FaUs

FaUs Noisemaker

Best Answer
    Que tal ADSR Sample Manalger a mi me ha parecido genial,pero no suelo trabajar mucho con samples.

4. Remi

Remi Member

Looks fantastic and it's free. Works as a VST too, which is great. Thanks a lot. I will try it.

5. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

I use Resonic and TotalCommander (both free). Works great for me.
    https://resonic.at/
    [​IMG]

Don't go mac. :)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

loopcloud 4.0 for me. game changer.

7. Remi

Remi Member

Also looks brill, but requires a connection. I do a lot of messing about on the road. I'll take a look anyway.

8. Futurewine

Futurewine Audiosexual

It works offline. Also as VST. I like it AI tag features (also editable) + add own sample loops + loops editor. Main reason to choose loopcloud. Here is some tutorial vids on some of its handy features :shalom:

9. Remi

Remi Member

Ooh. VST too. Is it possible to mark several best answers on here. Pains me to make a choice. Playing with ADSR Sample Manager right now and I must admit it is super handy. Now I want to play with Loopcloud....oh, the choice we have after we ask questions on here...

10. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

You quoted @FaUs and rated yourself Best Answer???

11. Remi

Remi Member

Not on purpose! I keep getting entangled in this multi-quote thing that doesn't want to go away. I did ask if it was possible to have several best answers, but wasn't planning on mine being one.

12. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Just click on Reply and the multi-quote buffer is erased.

That would be a bit like several first places in a match...

As I recently experienced, you can undo your Best Answer rating.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  13. Remi

Remi Member

Yes, well we can call that a draw. Nothing wrong with that. Actually, I just found out there are buttons for like. They're so faint I did not notice them before (my eyesight is not good). I'll use that instead next time.

Thanks a lot.